Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 10:46 PM   #104 (permalink)
DragonBear
Formerly: Compootor
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Raziel Khaine
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gidwyn Grimshaw
Law Enforcement
I'm dreaming with my eyes wide open

Text Cut: Rylee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Normally Rylee might have zoned out as Garreth explained the 'how' and 'why' Flagrante was used in the passed BUT he wasn't a boring professor. Not to mention that she was the one who had asked him about it and he was being nice enough to tell her. "So people got smarter and use better ways that aren't so dangerous." This was much better than something that could seriously destroy things and harm or even kill someone.

"Fourth year? That's still so far away..." she crinkled her nose. "I bet you know tons and tons of spells, right?" There was noway he didn't. He was much older than she was.

Rylee giggled excitedly holding up her hand for a high-five. She was trying really hard not to jump up and down or hug the poor unsuspecting older boy. So she had settled for doing a happy wiggle. "It was easier when I really pictured it." Heart and Soul.

Eeeee! "Yes, please!," she exclaimed without hesitation. Any opportunity to learn something new she was going to take it. If it could help her along the way in becoming a smarter, stronger witch she was all for it.

Garreth gave the first year a nod as she proved that she understood the danger involved with the use of certain spells like Flagrante. It even sounded like she had no interest in learning that particular spell. "Well, I don't know if they got any smarter, but they certainly started using less harmful ways of protecting their stuff." He answered her first question with a cheeky grin. Some young witches and wizards were easily susceptible to a thirst for power. It seemed to Garreth that young Rylee was only really interested in gathering knowledge. A student after his own heart.

He couldn't help but chuckle as she crinkled her nose at the prospect of waiting until her fourth year to have a go at the reductor curse. "Don't worry." the boy laughed. The years fly by here at Hogwarts. Besides, you'll learn loads of spells to hold you over in the meantime."

Her second question had him puzzled for a moment. Did he know many spells? Now that he gave it some thought, maybe he did! "Well, obviously not compared to the professors, but.. Well, I suppose it adds up after six years. And I'll still have this last term to learn as much as I can before I have to, erm.. leave." he gave the younger student a bright smile, but the prospect of leaving Hogwarts was always tough to face. Even in the most pleasant of circumstances, like when you just made a new friend.

Beaming with a teacher's pride, the seventh year granted Rylee's request for a high-five. He felt a sudden powerful urge to give her a celebratory hug, which in an effort to not frighten the girl, he concealed by simply giving her a pat on the shoulder instead. "And when you really put your heart into it, you completely undid my reductor curse!" he was clearly very pleased with her accomplishment, and even more so with her eagerness to learn more. More opportunity to impart knowledge!

"Alright, so I'm going to have you repair the rock again, but this time..." he paused there, flicking his wand toward the boulder, splitting it once more and causing it to fly apart in all directions. With a swish and a flick of his wand, the seventh year moved the six or so pieces of stone all over the field in front of them, scattering them everywhere. ".. This time, you'll be gathering the pieces from all over." He knew this might be a bit much to take in, so he gave the girl a few moments to absorb the information he'd just given her. "What you want to do is twirl your wand in the same spiral motion as before, only making sure that the spiral is big enough that it covers all the pieces." he did his best to explain, but it was harder than he thought it would be. He demonstrated using his wand, waving with his whole arm so that the spiral he was drawing in the air encompassed every piece of the rock. "If you do it right, the pieces should move towards the center and fuse together as before, no matter how far apart they are."

Last edited by DragonBear; 02-02-2018 at 11:19 PM.