Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 02:11 PM   #103 (permalink)
Kolyander

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compootor View Post
Garreth nodded seriously as Rylee promised him she wouldn't mess with Flagrante anytime soon. That was good. She seemed like she was pretty responsible for her age, and clearly understood the common sense behind not playing with dangerous magic. The same couldn't be said for some first years. "It's not used very much these days, but back in the day, people used Flagrante to protect property they didn't want others to mess with, or sometimes even to disarm opponents in duels. These days, we tend to use less.. damaging measures to keep other people's mitts off our stuff." he told the girl, adding a small history lesson to his explanation.

If Garreth was completely honest with himself, he treasured the opportunity to impart some of his knowledge onto a younger student, and showing off some of the spells he'd learned during his years at Hogwarts was a good way to get Rylee interested. It gave her ideas for what she might want to aspire to! "Yeah, that one's a doozy. A fourth year spell, I think." he winked at her. He remembered how impatient he was to learn everything. He had thought he was ready for anything back then.

The older boy watched intently as Rylee went for her second attempt. The boulder had to be an easier target, and there was almost no doubt in his mind that she'd pull it off this time. And she did! "He-hey! Good work! You got it on your second try!" he beamed at the younger student. "I knew you could do it!" Now that he'd seen what she could do, he was confident that she was capable much more.

"If you like, I can teach you another trick with Reparo. It'll help when you have to repair a lot of things at once." he smirked. Now there was a spell he could have used back in his first year. Especially after that potions fiasco.
Normally Rylee might have zoned out as Garreth explained the 'how' and 'why' Flagrante was used in the passed BUT he wasn't a boring professor. Not to mention that she was the one who had asked him about it and he was being nice enough to tell her. "So people got smarter and use better ways that aren't so dangerous." This was much better than something that could seriously destroy things and harm or even kill someone.

"Fourth year? That's still so far away..." she crinkled her nose. "I bet you know tons and tons of spells, right?" There was noway he didn't. He was much older than she was.

Rylee giggled excitedly holding up her hand for a high-five. She was trying really hard not to jump up and down or hug the poor unsuspecting older boy. So she had settled for doing a happy wiggle. "It was easier when I really pictured it." Heart and Soul.

Eeeee! "Yes, please!," she exclaimed without hesitation. Any opportunity to learn something new she was going to take it. If it could help her along the way in becoming a smarter, stronger witch she was all for it.

You are Bread!