View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 12:38 AM   #127 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Oh... hmm... so apparently the diagonal stitching was noticeable enough that Professor Stewart noticed. Nodding at the woman, she bit her lip, reminding herself that it was muggle studies and so a seam ripper was needed. Selecting one, she wiggled it underneath the seam and worked her way through to break the stitching and pull the thread away from the fabric. Okay, she could do this.

Focus. Holding the fabric, she lightly pressed the pedal, guiding slowly along the metal plate and taking extra care this time to do it much straighter. It wasn't perfect and honestly, the fabric pattern wasn't that fashionable per the sixth year's opinion, but it was according to the instructions. Inserting the cuff into the top and jabbing a pin into it to hold it together, she slid the fabric onto the machine again to stitch the cuff all the way around.

Only. Somehow it got caught and stitched the hat slightly closed. Not all the way closed, but it was enough? Oops? She wasn't going to be a seamstress; at least she could cross that off her list of possible career choices. Taking her seam ripper again, she wedged into where the would-be opening and carefully removed some stitches. Okay, take two... carefully inserting it so just the fabric and the cuff... fitting the hat over the machine more properly this time, which was something she had apparently failed to do the first time, she slowly pressed the foot pedal. And guided the fabric around the front of the machine. Take two, complete.

Now, taking the two corners, she pressed them together and slid that under where the needle was as well, again pressing the foot pedal and sliding the fabric back and forth. Back and forth. Done! And flip the hat right side out and huh, it actually wasn't that bad looking, but again, no thanks to being a seamstress.

Dos and donts of mingling with muggles? Raising her hand thoughtfully after a moment, she spoke up, "I think adapting to muggle fashion is one of the dos. We want to make sure we assimilate into the culture and knowing like if its appropriate to wear heels or to keep ones skin covered is one of those dos. Research is important. You don't want to offend, but also, it's about respect too." Okay, so that maybe touched on a completely different tangent, but it was kind of related, yes?

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.