Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:01 PM   #101 (permalink)
DragonBear
Formerly: Compootor
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Raziel Khaine
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gidwyn Grimshaw
Law Enforcement
I'm dreaming with my eyes wide open

Text Cut: Rylee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Rylee listened very closely as Garreth explained the difference in the two spells. While Flagrante sounded pretty cool it wasn't something she would be messing with anytime soon. Maybe when she was much older and way more experienced in performing charms. "I won't make that mistake. Promise." He need not worry about her messing around with spells that could really hurt her or someone else. "Why would anyone use that, anyhow? For protection or something?" Thoughtful. "I like Flagrate much better."

His encouragement was really nice but it wasn't doing her much good. She still wasn't able to get it right. Maybe it was just to tough for her. "I was trying to do that...." Visualizing it is a must. Rylee knew that. Tilting her ginger head back she watched with a smile as the branch returned to it's original spot attached to the tree.

They were going to try something else. Nodding her head she turned to look at where Garreth was pointing his wand. "I see it." A rather decent sized boulder. What was he going t- "Whoa!" she giggled grinning at him. "I got to learn that one too!" There was loads and loads of spells she wanted to learn! Could she hangout with him all the time and learn them all?

"Okay, I'll try it." Sitting up super straight she pointed her wand as the broken boulder. Think about what she wanted. The boulder to mold back together again. Visualize. She closed her eyes picturing it happen. Make it happen. "Reparo!" she cast firmly while preforming the movement with her wand, the pieces of boulder shuddering before lifting up and meeting again to mend back to its original state in the hill side.

A wide grin formed on her face and she wiggled in excitement turning to him, "I did it Garry! I did it!"
Garreth nodded seriously as Rylee promised him she wouldn't mess with Flagrante anytime soon. That was good. She seemed like she was pretty responsible for her age, and clearly understood the common sense behind not playing with dangerous magic. The same couldn't be said for some first years. "It's not used very much these days, but back in the day, people used Flagrante to protect property they didn't want others to mess with, or sometimes even to disarm opponents in duels. These days, we tend to use less.. damaging measures to keep other people's mitts off our stuff." he told the girl, adding a small history lesson to his explanation.

If Garreth was completely honest with himself, he treasured the opportunity to impart some of his knowledge onto a younger student, and showing off some of the spells he'd learned during his years at Hogwarts was a good way to get Rylee interested. It gave her ideas for what she might want to aspire to! "Yeah, that one's a doozy. A fourth year spell, I think." he winked at her. He remembered how impatient he was to learn everything. He had thought he was ready for anything back then.

The older boy watched intently as Rylee went for her second attempt. The boulder had to be an easier target, and there was almost no doubt in his mind that she'd pull it off this time. And she did! "He-hey! Good work! You got it on your second try!" he beamed at the younger student. "I knew you could do it!" Now that he'd seen what she could do, he was confident that she was capable much more.

"If you like, I can teach you another trick with Reparo. It'll help when you have to repair a lot of things at once." he smirked. Now there was a spell he could have used back in his first year. Especially after that potions fiasco.