View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 09:00 PM   #45 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Max! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
The battery and foot pedal part he had managed no problem whatsoever. The next part however, was definitely proving more tricky and Maxton was still peering around at his classmates hoping to pick up a tip or two. This was waaaay more fiddly than he had been expecting. But surely there was NO WAY this could be more difficult than some of the muggle aircraft models he had built.

He wasn't the only one having problems apparently. He saw a couple of other kids asking the Professor for help but he really didn't want to have to resort to that.

His confusion must've been obvious though, as it wasn't long before Professor Stewart was calling him out. There was nothing worse than being called out in the middle of class.

Max's cheeks flushed a bright pink and he tried to sink lower into his chair.

He took thread spool and put it on the spindle like the Professor had done. So far so good. It was fiddly, but Max then took the end of the thread and managed to feed it through the little hole at the top of the machine. He had another look around to make sure he was doing it right.

What next...? Bobbinmawhatsit...? Ehhhhh.

"I - I might have to take you up on that offer, Miss."

He said it so quietly he wasn't even sure if she'd hear.

Kay offered Max an encouraging smile. “There’s nothing to be ashamed of, you know. Not everyone’s expected to get everything done correctly the first, second or even the third time. The main thing is that you keep trying and seek help when needed.’’ Yes, she had observed his body language.

“Here’s what you do.’’ With deliberate movements, she showed him how to get the last bit completed. “You’ve managed to get the rest done correctly so far.’’ After ensuring that the thread was coming out of the top of the bobbin, she place the bobbin onto the bobbin winder. “There you are.’’

They really should be moving on now but not before the professor quickly checked to ensure everyone was caught up. “We’ll proceed onto the next set of instructions.’’ She was back at her desk and ready to continue.

“What I’d like each of you to do is to use one hand to hold the end of the thread which is coming from the top of the bobbin. Exactly like this.’’ She showed them. “Then press the power switch for your sewing machine to turn it on. That's the purple button directly above the words 'on' and 'off'.'' Had they located it? "With the bobbin thread still in your hand, press the foot pedal. As you do so, your bobbin will thread itself using the thread from the spindle.’’ This too was shown not once but twice. “Has everyone got that? Because once you have gotten the hang of that step, all you need to do is to allow the bobbin to continue threading itself until you are satisfied with the amount of thread that is on the bobbin. I would advise you to get a fair amount of thread on that bobbin.’’ Kay finished up with the steps before giving her full attention to the class. “Please raise your hand if you need help.’’

OOC: HallooooOOooo, again So! Not many steps here but nevertheless, it’s seemingly complicated. Kay and I will be available again to help your kiddies! <3 Catch up is allowed and the final bit of instructions will come in about 24 hours. PS: Here’s what a full bobbin of thread looks like.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺