View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 02:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
hermygirl
Chizpurfle

x9
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

"It is standard for those working in the potions laboratory...which you are clearly not. Currently you're taking resources from my students who are working within the rules, and I don't accept that." It wasn't his fault if the previous professors ran a slack ship and let her get away with it. This was his domain now, and, despite popular opinion, he wanted to support his students that chose to use the potions lab, whether for remedial brewing or expanding their horizons. It was her choice not to be a part of that, not to get him on board before this point. "And if we kept things the way they'd always been, things would never progress." Which really begged the question...why did she do so many experiments if she wanted things to stay the same?

For now he just watched her. Waiting to see how she would respond. Any sensible child would have bartered right about now, asking if they could have had some space of their own in his lab. Recognised his tutelage might not be so much of a hindrance, that his was a reference letter worth having for the future, that he had contacts in university labs. He might have even compromised, and granted protected space, shelves for books. But, of course, none of those things came out of her lips, and Noble felt his blood pressure rising.

No?

........no?

Oh, she was so very, very wrong.

"I can do that, and I just did." His tone was as curt and stern as it had ever been. He meant business. "I am the Potions Master in this school, not Professor Hirsch. I will not be going to find him on your behalf, but I will be going to the Headmistress about your tiresome insolence." She was a Prefect after all, and certain standards were expected of them. With that he took her book from where it laid under some paperwork on his desk from reading it earlier, and locked it safely away in his desk drawer. "You'll get this back when I think you deserve it."

"...In the meantime, I suggest you consider your next actions very carefully, very carefully indeed."

A plan for her detention was already forming in his mind if she didn't.