View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 12:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Jessa wrinkled her nose at the idea of stealing, because she wasn't a thief and she'd never been one. "It's standard practice." She countered. "That's how it's always been." Why were there suddenly so many more rules now that he was professor? Why was he so hell bent on changing everything?

But she didn't dwell on it. No. Her brain seemed to tune it out just as quickly as it had first interpreted it. In its place, a hollow ringing in her ears as everything else seemed to grow quiet. For a long time, it didn't feel like her mouth would open to reply. Try as she might, no words would come out and despite several attempts, her parted lips simply closed again. Her lab, three years in the making, fully supported and endorsed by her Head of House and he thought....he wanted to....he figured.....

"No." Her tone was deceptively calm when she finally did manage the words. Jessa Cambridge was not, nor had she ever typically been a willful girl, usually able to swallow whatever was dished out to her and not make a fuss....but this was her lab. It was her baby. She'd risen undead birds in there. She brewed poisons in there. All the files she'd ever created now resided in there. All her diagrams, her charts, her test subjects.....

She'd fought too hard. Just no.

"I don't have to run experiments by you. I have the approval of my Head of House who's well briefed and has already given me consent. I don't need to brew in your lab and I don't need anything I'm doing vetted by you." An uncomfortable fire had been lit under her, leaving her more incensed than most had ever seen her. Her lab was about the only thing she cared for in this entire castle.

"I won't dismantle it just because you decided the Latin club needs somewhere to meet, in fact you can and should take this up with Professor Hirsch so he can fill you in and get you up to speed. I have permission and it's not the sort you can revoke. You can't do that." Jessa took a deep breath, willing herself to be remain calm. "I'd like my book, please." She'd been here long enough and by now could do very little about the way she shook. She did NOT take kindly to having her experiments stop or people telling her when and what she could study.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.