View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 12:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
hermygirl
Chizpurfle

x9
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

​With all due respect? See, starting with that never gave the impression of actual respect, did it? Noble turned and frowned at her obliviousness, and, honestly, her naivity. "I did not mean your equipment, no." Much could be done with the most basic of tools, as long as one knew how to improvise and account for their limitations. So, no, he was not talking about equipment.

The girl definitely had an attitude problem when it came to her potions work, and clearly needed to learn the art of collaboration. She'd get nowhere in the field without it. Getting funding for projects relied on it.

"I believe you just admitted to stealing from my store cupboard, Prefect," Noble replied, his face sour. Signing the log book did not constitute permission in Noble's view, especially if the ingredients weren't being used in his lab or for school work. He had a limited budget to be used for all of the pupils in his classroom, after all. It wasn't fair on them. And don't get him started on the rats...or whatever else her 'test subjects' were. Hopefully not students, although at least they could consent. The alternative was probably worse. Any sort of animal testing was a highly regulated area, and certainly not appropriate for a student to be undertaking alone. He should know, he'd had to fill out the Ministry paperwork more than once, and host all the subsequent inspections. There was no way a makeshift lab was suitable.

...and that was without considering the views of the other students. Some of them had already made it known in lessons how against the use of animals in brewing they were.

Thinking about that was what made his decision.

"This stops, and it stops NOW." There was a clear finality to his tone. "I expect your laboratory to be dismantled by the weekend. I've been looking for a space for the Latin club to call their own, so consider your previously 'disused' classroom now definitively used for school purposes, and appropriated." And he would find it, even if he wasn't certain where her lab was right now. He hadn't ventured much into the upper floors since his return as staff, but he'd been quite the explorer in his student days. It shouldn't be too difficult to find, with a spell or two if necessary. "Should you wish to continue your experiments, you can do so in my laboratory in direct consultation in with me, if and ONLY if I consider them appropriate to do on school grounds."

​He looked at her, still standing in the doorway, too rude to come in, his gaze steely. "Have I made myself clear?"