View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 02:18 AM   #152 (permalink)
hermionegold
Hufflepuff

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amanda "Night" Dixon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Magic "Megan" Gracewood

Quote:
What? What was Night sitting there and saying out loud about the noble art that Laurel put so much trust and faith in? She was a SEER and good one and the girl had the audacity to be rude. Eyes quickly flashing over and boring into to the badger girl she said sternly "5 points from Hufflepuff house for your rudeness Ms Dixon! I will not hear that nonsense in my class! Nail readings matter as does all other true predictions of the future. The predictions give us a foresight of the future, a warning of what will/might come. Many people whose futures I have read have thanked me after. Don't let your confusion for the divine art cloud your Inner Eye Ms Dixon." Still fuming Laurel didn't hear the girl's last words and turned to allow the next student to speak.
So, not only had Night offended the professor, she had lost points for her house as well. Next time, maybe she'd have to think before she spoke. "Sorry, professor," she muttered.

Quote:
"Not really," she didn't wish to share it, but 'cause she knew Professor Vance was gonna make her.... She sorta had to, didn't she? "Nail divination is cool, I guess... But I dunno, if I know what my future is supposed to be like then there's NO fun! I wanna make my own future without rules 'n stuff."
Now Zoryn, that girl had the right idea. How could divination be credible if you were supposed to write your own story. And she hadn't lost any points. Hey, Night needed to get braver sometime, so..."I agree with Zoryn," she said, flashing the older girl a smile. "That's why I said what I said. What's to say there was anything causing any of this? Diane didn't do anything to get arrested. I didn't do anything to get kicked out of Chicago. How could anyone have predicted any of that? Or anything to come?"

Oh. OH! Did she really just say that out loud? Where EVERYONE could hear? Wasn't that the secret she had vowed to keep? Were all her classmates looking at her now? Would everyone judge her?

THIS. This was why she shouldn't have taken divination.