View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 01:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

There was nothing she could do about the twitch when she realized the man would, indeed, drag this out for as long as he wanted. How hard was it to hand over her book? A brief look down at her watch told her she had 7 minutes to get back to her lab on the sixth floor; doable if she ran like hell and the didn't have too much interference from the staircases.

Oh. Six now. Dammit.

If she was beginning to look restless, it was the fault of that second glance toward her watch. Oh Merlin. It'd been two weeks in the making and had some time ahead of it yet. Oh Merlin. "It's not." There was no use beating around the bush when it came to her preference in labs, but it might not have been for reasons he was thinking. Yours is up to your specifications. Mine is built to mine." As it so happened, the two were vastly different. "I've got a certain....setup going on in mine and countless documents I can pull for and cross reference on hand as needed. Plus it allows me to keep an eye on my test subjects while I brew."

No point taking them all down to the dungeons with her to brew, then having to haul them all back up to her lab when she was done. Not to mention access whenever she wanted and no prying eyes. Professor Hirsch was well brief on all her experiments, she didn't need another Professor offering up unsolicited condemnation. Professor Wayland and Mr. Kennedy had been proof enough that her experiments weren't likely to be received well, so she would continue to keep them to herself.

Five and a half minutes.

Could she conjure a broom? FLY to her lab? At this rate, it was her only hope. She hadn't anticipated this taking quite as long as it was. This was a simple book pick up, not necromancy for Circe sake!

Jessa blinked at his question, positive it was meant to be a slight in relation to her skill level. What...made her special..........? "Nothing." She replied simply, not at all appreciative of his tone. "And I didn't get a lab. It wasn't handed to me for good behaviour or anything of the sort. I needed a space to get things done. I found an old, disused classroom and I took the initiative. Over time, it took on a life of its own." And an impressive life at that. Her own little solitude to learn without judgement.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.