View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 03:38 AM   #113 (permalink)
hermionesclone
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Chaos.

This class was complete and utter chaos.

And Hirsch both loved it and...... didn’t.

The Defence professor was currently standing off to a hidden corner of the room, disillusioned and watching the madness that ensued. His plan was to take the students by surprise, to see how they reacted to a situation that they weren’t forewarned about, but this was turning into something else entirely. What started out as an opportunity to make snow angels and kick start a snowball fight - yes, he saw that - had turned into, well, war against the dummies.

There was an array of spells flying around, a fact that made Hirsch smile proudly. While he was glad that they were protecting themselves - and had to give extra props to one Tenacius Salander for putting up a large fort of protection - he was also happy to see that there was some fighting going on as well. Some students seemed to jump right into the mess, attacking as many dummies as possible and taking no prisoners in the meantime. It was almost as if if they were going to go down, they were going to take down as many dummies as possible.

And what exactly was Jessa Cambridge doing?!

And then there were those that didn’t want to take part either which wasn’t exactly surprising. Years of teaching had taught this man that not everyone was comfortable with the idea of fighting, even if they were being attacked. It was natural and it wasn’t something that saddened him. What did sadden him was seeing students burst into tears and one even running out of the classroom.

Er. That wasn’t meant to happen.

The smile disappeared, only to be replaced by a small frown, instead. Maybe that was a sign that enough was enough and he needed to call an end to this madness. He glanced down at his watch and silently counted down the last few seconds before taking out his wand. He swept his wand across in a horizontal line that covered the classroom from his vantage point, all the while concentrating on the right spell. Instantly, the dummies froze in place, dropped whatever they might’ve been holding and snapped back to their original, straight-backed pose. They then turned around and walked right back to their original position along the edges of the room.

It was only then that Hirsch took away the Disillusionment Charm and stepped forward to greet the class. "Excellent! That was an excellent display of magic, I have to say. Very well done, all of you." Here’s hoping it had woken them up enough for the lesson ahead, even if that hadn’t been the main intention of that activity.

"Hello and welcome to another Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson! I thought I’d start us off with a short activity on surprise attacks and defending yourselves from such a situation." Something that not all of them might be too happy about. "This was an exercise to get you to think, and act, on the spot. Most of the times in these lessons, I pre-warn you about what the activity is going to be about and what you need to do. You have some sense of preparation, in these cases." Though, there were some times where he added in an element of surprise or kept things mysterious but that wasn’t the point.

"However, that’s not always going to be the case in real-life situations. You’re not always going to be told what’s going to happen but you’ll still have to act accordingly to keep yourself, and those around you, safe. I hope that this activity has made you realise how you act in surprise-attack situations and taught you about what you should or shouldn’t do."

Breathe.

"Now," he said, clapping once and walking slowly towards the front-centre of the room, "What I want to know is: looking back, what has that activity taught you? Or what would you do differently next time?" It was probably an odd question seeing as most, if not all, of them had been taken by surprise and therefore, it was hard to say what they would do differently but, well, he was curious.

Pause. "And if you still have the effects of a Charm in place, come forward to get it taken off." Or they could do go to an older student as well.

OOC: EEEEEEEEE! Look at you guys go! We are so ridiculously proud of that display of magic and defence akfkdhskd!

Ahem, anyways. I’m sorry for how late this is: I only got back from work an hour ago

This question is super simple: what has that activity taught you? Or what would you do differently next time?

I’m going to give you until 10pm GMT+1 before moving on. Thank you for your patience! :3