View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #293 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

SPOILER!!: prof
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermygirl View Post

…Prefect Ravenclaw dealt with for now, Noble turned to the next student waiting by his desk. Not nice? Somehow he’d thought Bel might be the sort to engage in pranks, but apparently not. However, her offer did give him an idea. One side of his mouth curled up into a smirk. “If you’re sure, Bel…then yes, if it’s up to scratch, I think I might have just the purpose for it.”

As for her other question? He ran a hand through his hair. “It rather depends on the potion…and who you talk to. I had many lectures at university on exactly this topic…different Professors had different views. In short though, stirring the wrong way invokes the wrong sort of magical reaction within the ingredients. I can discuss it further if you want to stop by my office sometime.”
SPOILER!!: AAAAAALLLL the explosions!

He didn’t get chance to test Vivian’s potion before the first cauldron exploded. It was quite the catastrophic failure…he wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’d blown the bottom of the cauldron out too. Snot-like tendrils of potion were clinging to…well, pretty much everything, including the Hufflepuff Prefect, and Noble couldn’t help but wrinkle his nose as a rather pungent smell wafted across the classroom.

Only for the Zoryn’s to go too. Well well well. Making no effort to help with any clean up, Noble raised his voice. “And that, students, is why we follow the directions and measure things accurately.” Potions could be violatile things indeed if you didn’t. “3 points from Gryffindor, Zoryn, for cutting corners.” Yes, he’d noticed. “I expect a vial of perfectly brewed Pompion Potion from both of you on my desk by dinnertime. And you better leave your workstation spotless.”

As for the mess on them? Well…it shouldn’t do too much. The potion was designed to be consumed, after all. Not worn as a face mask. But…it’d be fun to watch and find out, no?

With only a few stragglers left to finish, and a morning coffee now desperately needed, Noble looked at the clock. Yes, it was definitely time to be done. “If you haven’t put a vial for marking on my desk, then chop chop! It’s your breaktime you're missing. Everyone else…you’re dismissed!” With a flick of his wand, the classroom door swung open.

ooc note: Thank you ALL so much for coming! I’ve had an absolute ball reading your responses this week <3 Class is now dismissed, but I’ll leave this thread open for another 24 hours or so for anyone who wants to finish up.

"Okay, great. You can have it then. I hope its good enough." Bel was relieved someone would get a use from it. Though she WAS curious to know what Professor Noble planned to use it for. Would it be rude to ask? And he was answering her question about the stirring. Magical reactions. Depending who you asked. Stopping by? Like..... stopping by to ask about school stuff in her own time?

"Maybe I will." She said, not able to hide the doubt in her voice.

Maaaybe not.

The sudden explosion had Bel staring with eyes wide. How pumpkin stuff could explode like that was beyond her. Imagine if there were more dangerous ingredients! On the bright-side she didn't get any exploded potion on her never mind the pumpkin bits that were still on her cheek.

"Thanks professor!" She said hurriedly, wrinkling her nose a bit at the pervasive smell from the explosion. Bel zipped out the door, glad she hadn't exploded anything.

Hopefully Derf was alright.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you