View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 05:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Dokimoto

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

He remembered. It was his business, after all, to know at least the rudimentary basics about his employees - name, face, and title. Though his familiarity was centralized with those assigned to the Space Chamber as that had been his previous employment before his promotion to Department Head.

"I am aware," he nodded with a bit of a dry smile as he set his quill down and set the papers off to the side. "No no, perfectly fine." Not entirely true but he could afford a brief pause right now. "Please, have a seat," he nodded, gesturing towards the vacant seat across from him at his desk.

Sam nodded in thanks, taking the seat offered. He knew who she was? That was a great start! Taking his invitation as a sign to move forward with the conversation, Sam began. No need to waste this man's time after all.

"Thank you, Sir.. Well, to be brief," she started, choosing now to go for eye contact. "I am interested in the liaison position." She mentally encouraged herself to sell the idea. She wasn't used to this kind of thing, but she did have an if you want it done right tone going for her.

"I've been in the Department of Mysteries for a few years now, and I feel that I am quite capable of being that link between us and the rest of the Ministry." She couldn't believe how quickly three years had gone. No, it wasn't like she had been here half of her life or anything, but it was enough experience to show her what was what... At least that's what Sam believed.

"I don't mean to keep you from your work, Sir, I just wanted to let you know of my interest.. and... well, I ask that you let me know if there is anything further I can do to support my case."

There. That's what she had come here to say. Did he already have his eye on someone? Had he already picked someone??

.....Sam hoped not. She didn't fancy making a fool of herself to her boss.

She looked at him expectantly. Expecting what? Expecting to be given the job on the spot?? Well, miracles happen. But there was a long line of possibilities between that and being laughed out of the office. She didn't actually think something negative would happen here, she just liked to be prepared for anything. She had a shot, and it really wasn't a bad one.