View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Zander saw that look and recognized it too. It was the same look he had been giving in some of his early years at Hogwarts. One he had grown accustomed to by the end of his fifth year in particular, following one awful incident in particular. It was a look that meant he must've said something wrong... Though the boy had a hard time placing what exactly it could have been.

Eeeeeer... So was that what it was? That he was comparing himself to others? That old habits die hard? Yeesh. Zander sunk down, mildly embarrassed. It was the truth though, how was he supposed to figure out where he stood if he didn't look at those around him? Everyone compared themselves. It wasn't entirely his fault! He didn't think so, anyway. Nevertheless, the former Head Boy nodded.

"Eerrrr I heard there was a gift shop?" He had low standards. "Thought maybe they could use a hand in the nursery too," y'know, jobs that didn't necessarily require a university degree... something most people would be qualified, the ones that Zander Adair felt he wouldn't be reaching for. He was really just hoping to get a job in general. Most of them had crazy needs for qualifications and at the end of the day he was just another blonde boy who peaked in his days at Hogwarts.

Zander Adair was happy to settle.
The former Gryffindor Head of House was not sure what sort of response he expected from the young man, but it certainly was not that. From Head Boy to...gift shop owner and manager? If someone had told the man years ago that all that ambition and potential would accumulate to this moment...he would have told them - in far more eloquent terms - to go suck an egg.

".........the gift shop," he repeated, disbelief clear in his knotted brow. Though what came next, well, THAT had far more promise and seemed far more fitting from what he had observed over the years. "If you can handle three Flamsteeds at once, you can handle quite a bit when it comes to early childhood development and child care," he mused, recalling just how much his children had put him and his............................................... ....companion through. "You know, Mr. Adair. I always saw in you the spark of education. I do not necessarily mean professorship." As in returning to Hogwarts as one or even working as one else where. "What I mean is that you are a nurturer." Which was something that he could only now properly acknowledge now that he had become a father himself. "I think you would find working with children in the daycare much more fulfilling."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post

Sam heard the beckon from beyond the door, and straightened herself a little as the door creaked open. She peered in and saw her new Dep Head sitting at the desk. She walked in to the very tidy office, and walked up to the desk ahead of her. Assuming her new Dep Head couldn't associate her name to the face he had probably never seen, Sam introduced herself.

"Hello Mr. Flamsteed, my name is Samantha Forrester. I am one of the Nousists."
she informed him. "I hope this isn't a bad time..?" Sam had stopped about a foot away from the desk, unsure of how conventional Mr. Airey Flamsteed was or was not.

Addie would have immediately thought something was wrong if Sam had stood there like this, but she had known Addie for quite some time now. Sam was always cautious with new people. She really hoped she wasn't interrupting something too important.
He remembered. It was his business, after all, to know at least the rudimentary basics about his employees - name, face, and title. Though his familiarity was centralized with those assigned to the Space Chamber as that had been his previous employment before his promotion to Department Head.

"I am aware," he nodded with a bit of a dry smile as he set his quill down and set the papers off to the side. "No no, perfectly fine." Not entirely true but he could afford a brief pause right now. "Please, have a seat," he nodded, gesturing towards the vacant seat across from him at his desk.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes