Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 10:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
debpetrisor
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daehyun "Daniel" Yoon
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
Shera couldn't help but smile at the thought of Daehyun painting his face blue to support her when she was playing. "Thanks. I've put my name down for any, but I think I'd prefer playing as a chaser..." chaser tended to be a favourite position. But she wouldn't mind as long as she got on the team.

"We definitely need to go... I've never actually seen a winged horse," though to be fair she'd also never seen a horse in real life. "The only animals that I've ever been close to are my cat and our family owl..."

Would that admission horrify him?

"Of course I can! But if you're ever walking around the lower floors and come across a painting of a fruit bowl, that's the entrance to the kitchens. You have to tickle the pear for the portrait to open," the question was, would he believe her explanation or assume she was joking?

She pulled the most serious face she could to try to emphasise that she wasn't joking. Of course, she struggled to not smile, so it crept onto her face again almost immediately.
Chaser! That would put Shera in the spotlight most of the time, so Daehyun could only anticipate her first match, no matter what position she played. "Fingers crossed for chaser, then!" And he crossed his fingers for emphasis. "I'm looking forward to seeing you play." The discussion reminded him of the thing she'd said she would help him with, the one thing he would not speak of, hoping she'd forgotten.

She'd never seen a winged horse before? Daehyun bounced on his heels in the smallest movement, barely containing his excitement, sending a silent prayer that she didn't notice. "Then you must come to the infirmary with me! I wish you could meet my growing zoo that I have at home." He'd be lying if he said he hadn't considered asking someone to enlarge his trunk on the inside and find a way to bring all of his pets to Hogwarts... but in the end, he had to settle for his new owl. Next he wanted a salamander... maybe he could sneak that one in, too?

"Tickle... the pear... in the portrait?" He wondered if Shera was serious, because he could see she was struggling to keep a straight face... but eventually he shook his head, laughing to himself. "You know what, after encountering the Whomping Willow, that doesn't even surprise me." Not to mention that they were having a conversation with a gentle squid. "You think there are more passages through other portraits?" They did agree to explore every inch of the castle.