Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pucki
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shera Ben-Ari
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by debpetrisor View Post
Daehyun considered Shera's words for a moment before saying anything because, really, he thought it was only her being overly worried, or pressured to make her House proud and live up to their expectations. Finally looking at her and fighting back the heat that rushed up to his cheeks - had she come all the way down there in only a towel draped over her swimsuit? - he said, "I'm sure it'll come when you find something worth putting more effort into, and it's only natural now that you're not yet familiar with many things. Like, err-like I'm passionate about creatures!" Though she would probably be horrified at his collection of bestiaries and the number of times he'd read each. "I'm sure you'll find your own thing." And that was possibly the most he'd ever said in one breath. "Let me know if I can help in any way?" He wasn't sure how to help, but he wanted to help, so if she had any ideas, he'd be up for it.

... then she had to mention the red, to which he could only nod in thanks because he didn't trust his voice to say anything about it - he would have disagreed, but he was sure his voice would come out squeaky and he would turn redder then, so he left it at that.

Daehyun was finally feeling more at ease when she giggled, wondering what had gotten into her, and then she'd told him as if she'd read his mind. "No way," he grinned. "I have yet to get used to the moving staircases. And did you see there's a nursery for magical creatures down there?" he said, pointing towards the general direction of where he'd spotted it one day.

Passionate about creatures was an understatement.
Shera had to contemplate what he had said for a moment, before shrugging lightly. "At least I'm got the Quidditch try outs coming up."

Because she was definitely passionate about Quidditch. That was the one thing that was currently really exciting her coming up. Yes, there were still classes that she was intrigued by and so much of the castle to explore. But Quidditch? That was currently at the forefront of her mind. Even thought she was still nervous about not getting on the team.

Creatures? "What kind of creatures do you like?" the question was thrown out there, but if she was honest she didn't know much about any creatures. The only reason she knew what a Fwooper was, was because she had a Fwooper feather wand core from Ollivanders. But it would be interesting to see what he said, and finding something Daehyun was passionate enough about to forget that he was shy was something on her to do list.

She tilted her head to the side at the mention of a magical creature nursery. "No, I haven't seen that yet, you'll have to show it to me sometime... I got distracted by the lake and this is as far as I've made it. I've found the entrance to the kitchen though! And the house elves are so cute!"