Thread: Middle Cars
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 06:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default Okay fine but only because my kid had the same chronic condition
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Good good *clings to Abey for just a little longer while I make the transition*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post

Half a train's length.

That was about as far as Abra got before he finally realised how little attention he had been paying since he first started down the train. For a moment, he considered stopping and turning back and starting again - and actually he did slow down just a little bit during said consideration - but the thought of how ridiculous he would look, stopping in his tracks and turning around as though he'd forgotten something or made some sort of mistake (which he had done but shhh) or gone the wrong way (even though there had literally been only one direction to choose from), was enough to make him forge onwards. If he ended up finding nobody, he'd turn around when he reached the end of the train. That way he'd maybe look a little less like an idiot... unless he ended up spending the whole train ride going up and down the train looking for friends that never appeared.

By the time he'd thought through all of this, Abra had passed about four more compartments without taking note of who was inside of those either, and that was when he started getting frustrated with.

Luckily, however, there was no time for his frustration to play out, for at that very moment a voice reached Abey Abra's ears, and he instinctively turned towards it, because of course he had recognised Jessa's voice at once.

"It's me," he replied, breaking into a smile as he did so. Except, uhhh... "I'mtryingout'Abra'." That part was blurted out - maybe even to the extent that it was difficult to know what he'd said at all - because actually he had found that it was a lot more difficult to bring up that sort of thing than he ever expected. But then, he noticed something.

(And, actually, it came as a very welcome distraction, so maybe he latched onto it a little more desperately than necessary.)

"Oh!" Abra exclaimed in a tone of pleasant surprise. "You got one too!" 'Too' meaning 'as well as Derf', of course. Now he saw Jessa with one, it made a lot of sense. "Does mean you'll be able to do more experiments without people bothering you?"

..... And, because he sort of got carried away with all that babbling...

... "Hi, Jessa! I missed you."

And then he finally stopped speaking.

Oh Merlin it WAS Abey! Phew! Good! It was nice to see a familiar face, especially one that lit up upon seeing her. Having friends wasn't so weird a phenomenon for her anymore but it didn't change the fuzzy little feeling when she could see how much someone liked having her around. It was a stark contrast to what used to be and had her own face lighting up inspite of the consistent rise in anxiety.

On impulse, she reached forward to hug him. It felt like a lifetime away since she'd last seen him and with all the mess of the last term it was no wonder.

Jessa pulled back looking at him with the curious gaze she typical held, this time because of his rambled words. "Huh?" She almost thought she heard what he said, but it all came out so quickly that she wasn't entirely sure.

The Ravenclaw glanced down to her badge, feeling oddly self conscious about it being perched there on her chest but nodded anyhow. "Yeah. Might've been the biggest shock of my summer." Which should've said something but given how the 15 year old prioritized things, that statement could've gone either way. "I....actually...never thought about it like that....." She admitted, now giving it actual thought. "Maybe, yeah, I hope so--I can be out after curfew now, yeah?" So that was a good point at least.

She grinned wide. "I missed you too, but I'm glad you decided to come back." His absence would've been NOTICEABLE. As would the absence of any of her friends who decided enough was enough.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.