View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 02:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Hi Zoe, appreciate the transparency and your feedback. There's just one thing I'd like to comment on and I want to preface by saying that I am in no way trying to start anything or trying to be argumentative because I really do appreciate the work that you and the rest of the staff do. Instead, I would like like to address something so that it can be kept in mind when these issues are being addressed in the future. Because I 100% am on your side and WANT to see this place continue to blossom and thrive.

I believe that I was one of those that commented on lack of activity seen from staff. While I do agree with your sentiment entirely (everyone has a life outside of SS and as SS is meant for FUN, it shouldn't be the number one priority), it feels as though these same sentiments are not kept consistent when addressing student members and that is what bothered me.

Personally, I believe that if we are holding this standard for one group, then it should be something we keep in mind with every group. And I while this time of the year is rough for many (I agree with you), we should be keeping all of these sentiments in mind for EVERY time of the year, as often circumstances fall out of our control. And everyone is allowed to do whatever they need, whether that means leaving, taking a break, or opposite that.

My main point here being that if we are being understanding of staff (as we should be), we should also be understanding of everyone else. And I'm not going to point fingers and say that the environment has been intentionally hostile regarding this matter, but there have been several instances where I have personally (as SS user and individual, ArianaBlack) felt like I've had a finger wagged at me. It may be more effective for us all (students and staff) to encourage activity, rather than discourage lack of it. And I would really appreciate it if in the future, we can try to keep all of this in mind. Whether or not anything has been said in the past with the intention of discouraging a particular behavior (because again, intentions are never truly understood from the outside), now that we are aware that it can come off this way let's just try to be intentional with the way we address each other and come from a place of compassion and empathy for everyone. Which I'm sure is something you and the rest of staff agree with, but just for the sake of formality I wanted to put this out there to make sure that we can all be on the same page at the end of the day.

And personally, I think that if we can all come together to agree to move forward with empathy for all, then more people will feel encouraged to be active in the first place. two fwoopers, one stone
I just want to second all of what she has said here. She brings up a really good point and I agree with her 100%.

Second, thank you for all the work you are putting into the RP. I know it must be hard. SS isn't what it used to be and it has to change with the times. You're doing a great job and I think it's great that you are being open to suggestions and to our ideas. It's one thing to ask the staff members, but it's another to ask the whole site and it's great that you did.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise