Thread: Booths & Tables
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 05:34 AM   #163 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly94 View Post
One hand on the table to steady herself, the other gently rubbing her forehead, Ellie moved closer to the booth. She didn't know how she looked, but she sure did feel like an absolute plonker. If only she'd actually looked where on earth she was going. Clumsy wasn't a strong enough word for her. With a soft nod, she sat herself in the seat opposite where the other girl had been sitting. "I'm Elliott. It's nice to meet you, under the circumstances" she replied, perhaps a little more sheepishly than was intended.

She glanced behind her as Emmalyn headed toward the counter. She took this as an opportunity to check for any obvious injuries. At the moment, her body felt bruised all over, it was difficult to tell what was hurt and what wasn't. Although she was positive the shock of it was a big part of the pain. Her brain had a thing for making things worse than they actually were.

A few minutes later, Emmalyn returned to the booth, water in hand. Ellie smiled at her gratefully and took the glass from her. "Thank you" she said. Taking a sip, she leant back slightly and rubbed her eyes. Sighing, she looked down at the floor where she had been a fumbling lump. "Trust me to trip over, at least I know why I'm called the clumsy one" she laughed. She had to laugh about it, otherwise she would just break down. And that just could not happen.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Elliott." Emmalyn sat down and carefully began putting her things away. "Don't worry one bit about tripping. I do it all the time." she giggled a bit as she said it. Normal walking around seemed to go okay for her, but she knew if she got any where near a sports field, bad things were sure to happen. Things like smashing your head into the ground and getting a concussion. Which made her think of Elliott's head. "Are you sure you are okay? I can find some help if you need it."
Not really waiting for Elliott to answer, Emmlyn quickly added "Would you like to join me for some ice cream?" She wasn't sure if Elliott was in the mood, but she knew that ice cream always made her feel better.

Emmalyn glanced around and wondered if Elliott was alone like she was. Her parents hadn't been able to join her that day. The whole 'My daughters a witch' thing seemed to be a bit too much for her dad. Her mom, on the other hand, was very excited, but needed to stay home and support her dad.

"Is this going to be your first year at Hogwarts too?" She was hopeful that Elliott was a new student as well. At least then she would know one person. "I've just about finished all of my shopping for first year supplies. I just need to decide if I will take a pet or not." Emmalyn smiled as she spoke and as each moment passed, she started to feel more and more excited about the coming year.