Thread: SS: Pool Party
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 02:06 AM   #26 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default pls let me know if i missed a mention
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

More and more people were arriving, or maybe they weren't even arriving and he was just becoming even more aware of them, but Abra still felt okay. Faces that had at first seemed unfamiliar were actually those he recognised, and he quickly realised that viewing the scene through the lens of anxiety had made him feel a lot more lost than he actually was.

Once he had been acknowledged by Zita, he smiled again and nodded and half-said, half-mumbled something about being glad that he had been invited, before realising that was what he had said in the first place, at which point he just... shuffled away pretending like he'd not said anything at all. Soon, though, greetings started to be hurled his way, and naturally this put him more and more at ease. Well... except for the part where he felt like everyone who spoke to him was drawing attention to him, which made him feel sdkhsdklgskhs, but other than that!!! It was okay!!!!!

Ahem. Like when Zoryn HOLLERED at him, and he actually started a little in surprise even though she was far enough away that it wasn't that loud to him at all. Abra sought her out in the crowd of teenagers, flashed her a grin, and waved back.

"Yo-" ... that could not have sounded any weirder coming from him, and he made a mental note to never try to use 'cool' language ever again "-Zoryn!" What Abey Abra wanted to do was to point out that actually he was sort of trying out a new nickname these days, but in the end nothing could have made him try to correct her explain it, at least not while out in front of a crowd of people, even though that was probably the best way of going about the issue. Later... later...

Théo next. A genuine beam broke out on Abra's face when his fellow Gryffindor approached, and he naturally and unabashedly caught Théo in a good-natured headlock, which very quickly turned to his having his arm slung across the other boy's shoulders. "It's been forever!" Months and MONTHS. Enough for Théo to start looking more... like he did now. Oh boy.

But there wasn't any time (thankfully) to ruminate on that, what with the mention of a double cannonball.

"Yeah!" ... "... Except, I should probably take my hoodie and stuff off first, I don't think it was meant for swimming in."

While he was unzipping his sweatshirt and kicking off his shoes, ready to dump it all into a pile (but also taking his time sort of because he still didn't really think it was all that warm), Abra heard his name once again and looked up to see Juniper Primeaux, the other girl that had been hurt that same time that Junia had been. The memory made him feel all... uncomfortable and squirmy and gave him a shiver down his spine, but a moment later he smiled back, hoping his discomfort hadn't been noticed. Aaaaaaand, if it had, that it hadn't been taken personally.

"Hi Juniper. Good to see you." It felt strange to say that to someone he'd not really spoken to a whole lot in the past, or really knew very well, but what he meant was more along the lines of 'it's good to see you're doing okay', but that felt a little too much like acknowledging all the bad stuff that had happened, when he didn't really want to think about any of it today. But at that moment Abra looked away, because a VERY FAMILIAR VOICE had suddenly caught his attention.

And, even though it was SO SO SO SO SO LOUD and probably drew in EVERYONE'S ATTENTION, Abey broke into the world's widest grin and bounced up and down excitedly on the spot. Thrilled. THRILLED!

"DERF!" he yelled back, because suddenly it didn't matter so much that people would stare because there was his VILLAIN, for the first time in like A MILLION YEARS. Abey beckoned him closer, though it was a little more like flailing wildly, and really had eyes only for him. Ahem. "Come here! ... Triple cannonball!"

But even though that was what he was saying, Abey-... oh, uh... Abra (with one shoe off, one shoe on, and his hoodie awkwardly twisted around him from where he'd pulled it back on in a rush) had actually already started rushing towards his Hufflepuff, ready to tackle-hug him.

... Hopefully Théo would understand he'd be right back and that the cannonball plans had not been abandoned.

---------------

As he couldn't remember whose party he was actually at, and also wouldn't be able to pick that person out of a line-up even if he did know their name, Jordan didn't immediately realise that the girl who was calling out his name happened to be the host in question. He decided to great her back though, with a simple "You!" in exactly the same tone as she had spoken in, in place of using her name (which, of course, he didn't know).

J0rd4n B34MED as S0r4y4 joined him in the pool. He would have splashed her in welcome, but was currently preoccupied with treading water to keep afloat, which also required the use of his arms and hands. Seeing as he wasn't exactly 4M4Z1NGLY coordinated, it was best not to go taking any risks there, otherwise he might end up like J4M35 SUMM3R5 at the party on that big boat.

But he wasn't an idiot troll, see? So he'd never end up like him.

"I was going to st4y h0me," Jordan explained to Soraya, even though he didn't really need to. "But I thought it might be m4ybe fun." That, and he had sort of wanted to get away from the watchful eyes of those back at the house, just for a little while. And also 4NT1C5! And friends. That t00.

Speaking of friends, here was one r1ght n0w.

Andi's warning of 'look out' was actually taken extr3m3ly l1t3r4lly by Jordan, who looked up and out and towards the source of her voice, eyes open. Naturally, he received a face-and-eyes-full of pool water, and just slightly muddled up senses for his trouble, but only for a moment.

"Hi 4ND1," he said, speaking just before the girl in question had even fully resurfaced, and squinting one eye shut because of both the sun and the water. "Y0u kn0w, I've n3v3r actually been to a p00L p4rty before. 0r any kind of p4rty." Parties for kids at Stemp House didn't count, because all the residents were usually invited even though you couldn't really be invited to your own home, so he always saw that not as going to a party, but of parties happening around him.

... W41T A M1NUTE. Was that the TR0LL?!

J0rd4n GR00000ANED.

"I thought he was d34d," he said loudly, sounding bitterly disappointed as he looked in the direction of J4M35 SUMM3R5. But really, though, he thought he'd solved THAT issue at the end of term. And also, James really was stupid, considering he had a tendency to try and drown wherever there was water involved, and this whole party was all about swimming.

UGH. WHyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy did he have to be here? J0rd4n frowned, still treading water there in the pool, but before he could look away again, he saw the girl from earlier walk r1ght up to James and kiss him right on the lips, out of nowhere, and then immediately walk off again and jump into the pool.

............ uh.......

Confused, Jordan turn his attention back to his pool companions again, except this time he was quiet, trying to understand what, exactly, he had just witnessed.

You are Chocolate!