View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellanna View Post

Slade nodded. "That is acceptable. I also have not been here long. Just a year, actually, so I will understand if you find someone more capable who is interested in the position." Which was the truth. He hadn't made stellar advancements since he had been here, though he did try to be efficient and get along well with his co-workers. He only hoped that was enough.
Acceptable. Airey somehow refrained from allowing an amused smirk tug at his features. He quite enjoyed the way Slade spoke and somehow felt as though, perhaps, he was one of the few who could appreciate his word choice. "We will see," he merely offered as a response. Again, the incentive of seeking an appointment, and so promptly at that, was an encouraging gesture. "Thank you for stopping by. Seeing as the position is a somewhat time sensitive one, I will be getting back to you sooner than later," the astronomer added with a nod towards the door.

Dismissed. Although he figure such militaristic procedures need not be expressed aloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
The large bushy tail of the silvery vixen first appeared in Flamsteed's office. Soon the rest of Natalie's Patronus made its appearance along with the thick Latina accent of Natalie which was a sure sign of her being scared.

"Emergency! Chamber of Codes is being sucked in by a mysterious force. Records and I will soon vanish!"
Oh sweet solstice.

Applying a few rudimentary enchantments to his person, Airey promptly left his office and made haste towards the Chamber of Codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
"I should've seen that coming," Zander laughed as he took the linter roller and began doing whatever it was that you were supposed to do with them. You'd think after seven years of using the strange thingy, he would've learned the proper way to use it. But alas, somethings he learned at Hogwarts didn't quite... Stick. No pun intended. "I wouldn't have expected anything less, Professor." Surely the other employees on this level were appreciative of the fact that they didn't have to roll one of these down their clothe every day before entering their respective chamber rooms. Surely placing enchantments would've been more convenient at Hogwarts too... Though, thinking about it now... Zander wouldn't have put it past the man to have put those preventative measures in place their too. Huh.

The suspicion amused him and he was satisfied at leaving it a mystery rather than inquiring about it. Though, speaking of inquiries... Zander wasn't really expecting this one. It was an obvious question and an obvious solution to be honest, but Mariel was scary and the boss and Zander couldn't talk to her about this. Definitely not. Especially since he really just needed some straight advice from someone who definitely had his best interests at heart aka Airey Flamsteed. Besides, Zander wasn't even sure that his concern was, well, one he should entertain. So to answer the question, "weeeeeeell... Uh... Considered? Sort of... But uh, not really," did that make sense?

Er, the blonde shrunk a little in his seat. 'A bit dramatic' was what he was worried about, but to be fair... That wasn't entirely what was causing all of this confusion in the first place. The real confusion stemmed from, well actually, Professor Flamsteed just hit the nail on the head. Was Zander surprised? Hardly. "It's the second one," the department issue. "I know I did my portkey pass internship with broom stuff, but it was only 'cause I didn't really have any sort of real direction. But I don't even like Quidditch that much and I never fly because I'm pretty rubbish at it. Everyone else in the department is some former, important hotshot in the Magical Sports world and I'm... Y'know," He shrugged. "I took the job because it was a job... But I don't think I'm really happy."

So, did the spaceman have a biography for this one?
Chuckling a bit under his breath, Airey opted to forgo further discussion about lint rollers and cleanliness - although he could speak volumes and write a proper anthology on the proper and improper uses of a lint roller should the former Head Boy require it - and instead settled a bit more into his seat to, well, furrow his brow in disappointment at the young man's response. Although, if the man were to be fair, he could hardly blame Mr. Adair for it. He himself had nearly leaked in his trousers around his fair share of women - the former Headmistress Truebridge had nearly taken the cake on the subject really - and the astronomer identified many a similar quality between himself and the boy sitting across from him.

"I see," he nodded simply, though the disappointment was knitted somewhat into his brow. There was little that he, the department head of a different department could do for an employee elsewhere. Unless Mr. Adair was seeking to switch to Mysteries and then he could have a conversation with Mariel.

But for now, it was a listening ear he offered the former Gryffindor, picking apart each of his words. "Still comparing yourself to others, I see, to point out your own shortcomings," he mused. "Old habits die hard, it seems. But regardless, the Department of Magical Games and Sports is not solely about quidditch. Though I cannot recall you being particularly invested in the Gryffindor gobstones team either while at Hogwarts." He paused a moment to collect his thoughts. "Bear in mind, Mr. Adair, that that every job is going to come with unhappy moments and unpleasant circumstances - the key is finding work rewarding enough to make up for it. Now, we have already established that the returns in your current position are less than satisfactory, so let us instead consider your current position as a stepping stone towards something else. However, before we can propose a shift, whether within the department to another division or elsewhere within the Ministry, you need first establish what it is you want. When you applied to the Ministry initially, that glimmer of thought did you posses? What did you envision yourself doing?" Or had the young man truly been shooting in the dark and hoping something stuck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post
The Thought Chamber was the epitome of the word home to Sam. She reveled in its mystery, and often worked until she didn't know what day it was anymore. Like right now, for instance. When was the last time she had actually left the chamber? When was the last time she had stopped at the tome on her way out?? She needed to buy a watch at some point, because she may have missed an opportunity.

Please let it at least still be an option... Sam grumbled to herself. She could handle not being right for a position. At least then she could work on something to be a better fit. But to not get it because she got there too late?? Oh it would drive her absolutely insane! Sam arrived at her new Department Head's door, took a breath to relax, and knocked. Hopefully this was a good time, because who knew when she'd leave the chamber again.
Airey could feel additional wrinkles forming in his abnormally large forehead as he looked over the paperwork and research results for the department's apparent implosion. Sweet solstice just...why? W H Y?

No sooner had the department head discovered another potential anomaly on the rise had there come a knock at the door, eliciting a bit of an aggravated groan on his next exhale as he waved his wand to summon the door open. He could not afford to get out of his seat at the moment to pull it open personally, no offense waiting Unspeakable.

"Come in!" he called from his desk, quickly scribbling a few notes on the page before him before he lost the thought.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes