View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 02:09 AM   #482 (permalink)
oh its Erik ok

DERP & DMAC
Augurey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amatheia Barrington
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux

x2 x7
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Nerd | Blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Being a fairly lonely child, Nerissa was largely used to talking to herself and this time it was no different. Rhetorical questions, narrating her own thoughts, counting mooncalves until she fell asleep; in such ways she managed to keep herself entertained. So when the other girl supplied an answer, it took her two beats to notice the answer was not, in fact, coming from inside her own head.

It didn't help that that it had been a really quiet voice, too.

She turned, slowly, and a little confused and--well, she wasn't necessarily embarrassed to have been found talking to herself. And, besides, Flavia was not that far off; she could always claim to have been talking to her au pair, if it came to it. But she had the good sense to appear embarrassed, anyway. It was the expected thing, after all. A blush would have probably helped her case, but there was little to be done about the present lack of it; it's not like those could be extricated by sheer force of will. "Oh." She glued her nose to the glass again, trying to get a look at the creature's tail. "How interesting." Back to the kneazle. "Hello. Do turn around. I must see your tail." Nerissa frowned, watching the creature turn to look at them fully and effectively hiding its tail. She knocked on the glass, lightly, then remembered her ice cream and gave it one lick. And another. It looked ready to start properly melting.

"Are they often this contrary?" Contrary. Mama loved using that word, and she especially loved using to complain about papa under her breath. You're so contrary, Ralston. "Can they be trained?" It didn't occur to her that the other girl was, perhaps, not a reliable source of information. Or that it could be construed as rude to peddle perfect strangers with questions. "Oh! If I were to buy it--" or, gasp, help it get lost, "--would I be permitted to take it to Hogwarts?"
Well if she was talking to herself Mercy was sorry for disturbing her. But it didn't seem like she was? No rudeness and all she did was just talk to Mercy. Was the kneazle going to listen to her now. Didnt look like it even with the tapping on the glass. Must be use to it being looked at all day.

"What does that mean...contrary?"

Could they be trained. Mercy had not read anything saying they couldn't. They were intelligent. She knew that so yes. One thing sure she was not ready for the questions. good questions just Mercy was no expert and er barely felt confidents answering the first question.

"I think..they...can....the letter says cat, toad or owl. No kneazles, sorry...i think some people sneak them in"

Dont know if they send the kneazle right back to the parents or let them keep it?

-------------------------------------Be a pineapple: Stand tall,
-----------------------------------------wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
oh its Erik ok is offline   Reply With Quote