View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 05:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Steelsheen

DMT & DIMC
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tenacius "Ace" Salander
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Vincenzo "Vickers" Vanderbilt

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Ysadore Corveena Roa
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Ability is nothing without Opportunity | | Creativity is Intelligence having FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayola View Post
There's literally photographic and video evidence, so I'm struggling to understand how you know that this isn't one of his ... "demons". It stinks of victim blaming and denying someone's actions because he, arguably, was in a handful of good films.

Also, I don't know why Amber's casting as Mera even relates to this situation and calling it "payback from a favor with TPTB" is revolting and, frankly, insulting to her career. It's also a sign of the backlash she faced when she went public with her abuse. A backlash that has kept many, countless, victims silent, as we've learnt recently.

Anyway. Everyone related to this film continues to make my decision to distance myself from it easier and easier, so. My bank account thanks them.
one of the rare good things about being older is that you remember things with better clarity from the noise-of-the-moment and a wiser perspective of life

Depp had many demons-- usually involving alcohol and drugs. he also had a temper and it wasnt unusual to hear that he and his friends trashed a hotel room or got thrown out of a restaurant. its the stuff of tabloid headlines and teeny bopper magz in the days before the internet.

given what i know of his history as a celebrity and as a creative person the women in his life bears a heavy influence. i will be the first to say that he went downhill when he divorced Vanessa. he swung wildly between amazing and awful when he was with Winona. and now this thing with Amber? do you see what i'm getting at?

im not saying Amber was never hit. even a blind person knows that there are issues between them. im just saying that certain people bring out the worst in other people. this Johnny-Amber pairing is obviously one such case.

ive been a long time comicbook fan. you and your friends know this (if you didnt well i'm letting you know: Steeley=ComicbookFan circa early '80s). i've been wanting the world to know what an insanely amazing character Aquaman is and is not the stuff of stupid jokes like he gets the rap for in mainstream media (you know like how Wonder Woman was before her mega movie). suffice it to say that Amber's casting as Mera was a bit of a wtf-ery because it literally came out of nowhere. this wasnt a stroke-of-genius-why-didnt-we-think-of-that Jason Momoa casting, it was an of-all-the-talented-actresses-why-her casting. and at the time she was riding high as Depp's wife. comicbook fans knows this isnt the first stunt casting done in a highly anticipated movie-- we saw this when Katie Holme's was cast in Batman Begins opposite Christian Bale. at the time, she was married to Tom Cruise. then things happened and the role had to be recast for the second film. it was all unnecessary stress for both the creatives and the fans that could've been avoided had they not done a stunt casting in the first place.

lastly, im getting tired of the demonizing of men to justify equal footing for women. given my age and the industry i work in i know too friggin well how unequal things are being a woman in this world regardless of what country you're in. but all these frothing at the mouth, flying off the handle, SJWing on someone's mistake and throwing all their good qualities out the window like it doesnt matter is getting really irksome. theres a saying-- dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Yeah thats what crazy is, when its broken you say theres nothing to fix++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++And you pray that everything will be okay, while you're making all the same mistakes
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote