View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 10:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crayola
Slytherin

DMAC
Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dezi Willard
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Letícia Alcântara da Silva Veiga
Accidents & Catastrophes
x2
Mrs. Alex Turner *asterisks user* Secret Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
i agree. Depp has his own demons but being a woman abuser is so not one of them.

given how certain people demonize him and being "so disappointed" with him being cast as Grindewald, i'd like to put it out there how incredibly disappointed i am with Amber Heard being cast as Mera in Aquaman. she always felt like she's some stunt casting or as payback from a favor with TPTB.
There's literally photographic and video evidence, so I'm struggling to understand how you know that this isn't one of his ... "demons". It stinks of victim blaming and denying someone's actions because he, arguably, was in a handful of good films.

Also, I don't know why Amber's casting as Mera even relates to this situation and calling it "payback from a favor with TPTB" is revolting and, frankly, insulting to her career. It's also a sign of the backlash she faced when she went public with her abuse. A backlash that has kept many, countless, victims silent, as we've learnt recently.

Anyway. Everyone related to this film continues to make my decision to distance myself from it easier and easier, so. My bank account thanks them.