View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 04:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Chuckling as he settled into his seat, Airey reached into his enchanted breast pocket and pulled out a lint roller to offer the young man. "If it will make you feel more at ease," he added with a small smirk. "But I do have a fair few enchantments in place on my office to prevent lint and other such contaminations in...as do the doors in the Entry Chamber seeing as Mysteries deal with very delicate research."

Putting the 'sir' conversation aside - and nodding to the additional commentary on Pebbles - the astronomer folded his hands lightly across his chest and drummed them over his knuckles as he listened to the real meat of the conversation. He couldn't help but be mildly amused, to be honest. He had had a similar conversation last year with one of his coworkers who he felt had been placed in the wrong Chamber. Fractomancy and Geomacy? Everything about Brighton's credentials had screamed ...well...he supposed it did not matter since he had trained the fellow Evolutionist up and gotten him up to speed. But his thoughts were drifting too far away from those Mr. Adair required, and he quickly brought himself back into orbit.

"Have you considered discussing such sentiments with your own department head?" he questioned. "Were one of my employees to feel as though they were misplaced within the department and would like their job to be reevaluated, I would wish for them to come see my counsel." Which something told the man that the former Hogwartian had not considered this. "Considering how fresh you are to the Ministry and your position, I find it a bit dramatic that you think this is all your life with amount to. Adjusting rec schedules. This seems to me like an entry level position and task, something that is very easily fixed with simple discussion and efficiently executing your job. Now, if what you are saying is that you do not feel the department itself is a proper fit, you will need to elaborate further."
"I should've seen that coming," Zander laughed as he took the linter roller and began doing whatever it was that you were supposed to do with them. You'd think after seven years of using the strange thingy, he would've learned the proper way to use it. But alas, somethings he learned at Hogwarts didn't quite... Stick. No pun intended. "I wouldn't have expected anything less, Professor." Surely the other employees on this level were appreciative of the fact that they didn't have to roll one of these down their clothe every day before entering their respective chamber rooms. Surely placing enchantments would've been more convenient at Hogwarts too... Though, thinking about it now... Zander wouldn't have put it past the man to have put those preventative measures in place their too. Huh.

The suspicion amused him and he was satisfied at leaving it a mystery rather than inquiring about it. Though, speaking of inquiries... Zander wasn't really expecting this one. It was an obvious question and an obvious solution to be honest, but Mariel was scary and the boss and Zander couldn't talk to her about this. Definitely not. Especially since he really just needed some straight advice from someone who definitely had his best interests at heart aka Airey Flamsteed. Besides, Zander wasn't even sure that his concern was, well, one he should entertain. So to answer the question, "weeeeeeell... Uh... Considered? Sort of... But uh, not really," did that make sense?

Er, the blonde shrunk a little in his seat. 'A bit dramatic' was what he was worried about, but to be fair... That wasn't entirely what was causing all of this confusion in the first place. The real confusion stemmed from, well actually, Professor Flamsteed just hit the nail on the head. Was Zander surprised? Hardly. "It's the second one," the department issue. "I know I did my portkey pass internship with broom stuff, but it was only 'cause I didn't really have any sort of real direction. But I don't even like Quidditch that much and I never fly because I'm pretty rubbish at it. Everyone else in the department is some former, important hotshot in the Magical Sports world and I'm... Y'know," He shrugged. "I took the job because it was a job... But I don't think I'm really happy."

So, did the spaceman have a biography for this one?

You are Lemon!