View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 07:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Zellanna

DoM & DERP
Slytherin Slytherin
Knarl

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Armand Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Damien Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Armand Erikson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Slade Erikson
Mysteries
Slytherin by heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Relaxing his shoulders a bit himself, Airey nearly fell into routine of offering tea as he had done as a professor. Thankfully he kept about his wits and refrained, instead busying his hands with some paperwork and moving it from one side of his desk to the other. No need to start on intimate interwork relationships with any of his employees just yet. Employees and colleagues and former colleagues...labels were a bit peculiar in this particular setting.

But no matter.

"Ah yes," he nodded, folding his hands together, fingers over his knuckles, while relaxing into his seat a bit more. "Our department does pose a certain sensitivity and discretion." Something had had baffled him a bit this summer, but he would keep those thoughts to himself. "Well...as a baseline, liaisons meet regularly with their respective Department Heads, as you are doing now, in order to accurately prepare for meetings with the Liaison Supervisor down on Level One. They attend regular meetings with Liaison Supervisor to ensure that appropriate coordinating and communication are being followed through with," he recited from the standardized description. "The way I prefer to think about this position is thus. There are two aspects. One, the coordination of departments. As you are well aware, the research we do here in the Department of Mysteries is crucial to the evolution of wizardingkind. It is unfortunately unorthodox to place eyes and ears in the other departments' work spaces to see what all goes on there, behavioral or otherwise, to see where we may siphon off knowledge for our own purposes or collaborate...so it would be the liaison officer's responsibility to be in the know and keep me informed. A second opinion, as you will." Second set of ears and eyes. "The second is communication and representation which, I gather, you can assess for yourself."

Was that enough to get the ball rolling on their discussion? Airey allowed the man a moment to collect his thoughts.
"I see." Slade thought a few moments on the matter. It did seem like an interesting position, and posed an opportunity not only for advancement, but for networking as well. There was also something about being the eyes and ears for the man that seemed appealing. Going to other departments and collaborating was a worthy task.

He finally nodded to the other man. "Yes, I believe the position to be an interesting one, and one that I may enjoy. It sounds..." he searched for the right word, "...demanding. Though not in an unpleasant way. A worthy task."