View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellanna View Post
Hearing 'at ease,' Slade caught himself in what he was doing and relaxed a little. He went and sat in the seat, his eyes only briefly laying upon Saturn before he refocused his attention on Flamsteed. "I was curious about the position, and everything that it entailed. I have a general idea of what a liason is, just by definition. But I do not know who the Department Liason would exactly be representing to, or what we would be allowed to represent, considering our secretive nature." There it was. Slade felt a little embarrassed that he had to ask about it, but it was better to ask than to assume, wasn't it?
Relaxing his shoulders a bit himself, Airey nearly fell into routine of offering tea as he had done as a professor. Thankfully he kept about his wits and refrained, instead busying his hands with some paperwork and moving it from one side of his desk to the other. No need to start on intimate interwork relationships with any of his employees just yet. Employees and colleagues and former colleagues...labels were a bit peculiar in this particular setting.

But no matter.

"Ah yes," he nodded, folding his hands together, fingers over his knuckles, while relaxing into his seat a bit more. "Our department does pose a certain sensitivity and discretion." Something had had baffled him a bit this summer, but he would keep those thoughts to himself. "Well...as a baseline, liaisons meet regularly with their respective Department Heads, as you are doing now, in order to accurately prepare for meetings with the Liaison Supervisor down on Level One. They attend regular meetings with Liaison Supervisor to ensure that appropriate coordinating and communication are being followed through with," he recited from the standardized description. "The way I prefer to think about this position is thus. There are two aspects. One, the coordination of departments. As you are well aware, the research we do here in the Department of Mysteries is crucial to the evolution of wizardingkind. It is unfortunately unorthodox to place eyes and ears in the other departments' work spaces to see what all goes on there, behavioral or otherwise, to see where we may siphon off knowledge for our own purposes or collaborate...so it would be the liaison officer's responsibility to be in the know and keep me informed. A second opinion, as you will." Second set of ears and eyes. "The second is communication and representation which, I gather, you can assess for yourself."

Was that enough to get the ball rolling on their discussion? Airey allowed the man a moment to collect his thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Zander found himself chuckling too as he stepped into the office, feeling instantly more at ease now than when he had first marched over here. “A statement, Professor,” he assured the man. Zander was perfectly aware the Department Head wasn’t his Professor any more, by the way, it was just a lot more familiar and way more comfortable than calling the man by his first name. For some strange reason ‘Airey’ still felt foreign on his tongue and the Gryffindor wasn’t a fan.

“No mind to the floating holographs…” he mumbled. Though this was a strange thing to say, it was ironically one of the most normal things Professor Flamsteed had said. “Got it,” he wasn’t even thrown off by the ‘warning’ to be quite honest. He did, however, look around for the said floating holographs and in doing so, he took a moment to soak in the rest of the office too. “It’s uh, very… Clean, sir,” now that he wasn’t actually his Professor, was Zander allowed to start calling him sir?

The blonde did chuckle when his gaze passed over the all-too-familiar rock sitting on top of a pillow. “How’s Pebbles holding up?” Which only made Zander wonder what the man had done with Pride. Was that one still left in the Gryffindor Common Room for the next breed of lions to cherish? And was it greedy that Zander kinda wished it wasn’t left there?

And just then, all the fun and games aside, Zander was shook. He turned to face the man, color rushing to his cheeks. “Uh,” was he THAT easy to read? “Maybe,” because funny enough that was sort of the reason why he was here? “I don’t know what I’m doing, Professor…. I need some advice and you’re the only one I wanted to talk to.”
Airey once again found himself struggling to not smirk (and chuckle) at Zander Adair. The boy had matured much since graduating Hogwarts and yet, at the core, remained the same. The astronomer would much prefer it stayed that way, if he were being honest. "Then perhaps, in the future, you should be mindful of the slight inflection at the end of your statements," he chuckled, summoning his tea pot and two cups. "One may get the wrong impression."

Settling back into his seat and gesturing towards the one across from him, he opted not to continue to tease the young man too much further. Save for one additional comment. "Sir is still my father, Mr. Adair. Professor is still perfectly acceptable." Airey...not even an option. Maybe when Zander learned how to grow a bit of facial hair and hit 40 they could renegotiate things. "She is doing quite well," he mused, giving the pet rock a bit of a nod. "Adjusting to her new accommodations rather nicely." As for Pride, Airey had offered his successor in the post of Gryffindor Head of House to keep him in the common room...but had never heard back. The rather large rock was now an exquisite jungle gym of sorts for the twins.

Had something in the Time Room seeped out without his knowledge? Airey was certain that this was the most sincere sense of déjà vu the man had ever encountered. "You're going to need to elaborate just a bit, Mr. Adair." Particularly so that the man could figure out which biography to suggest this time seeing as he was sure the former Gryffindor had memorized the one on Neville Longbottom by now.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes