View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 09:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
She thought she remembered there being some eggnog around here. But she had been through reception and the work area (checking on her chocolate balls and maybe taking one while she was at it) and no dice. This was the last place it cou-BINGO!

Kara was so happy about finding the eggnog that she almost missed Drew standing over by the food by himself. "It doesn't do to stand over here by yourself during a party, sweetie," she commented with a friendly smile, grabbing a cup and pouring herself some of that sweet white drink. She herself was going right back out, but she'd needed a quick break from the crowd.
Drew smiled politely at Kara as she walked in, wrinkling his nose a little at the eggnog she chose to drink. He'd never been a fan of it himself, personally. "I'm going out there, promise," he chuckled. It was more a promise to himself than anything else, really. "I just needed a moment to just...I dunno...think about him," he said with a shrug.

Really, the social stuff was just very draining, but he didn't want to sound any more like a party pooper than he already did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
As fa as ways to spend the days leading up to Christmas went, this happened to not be the worst. With De La Garza's stint with the blokes down in Knockturn Alleya few years ago Lex wasn't surprised the man would request some amount of security even for a such a lowkey event. To say she preferred the jobs that saw her scaling walls and trudging through trenches would be an understatement, but free food wasn't so bad either.

The Head Auror moved through the room, making a beeline for the cookies. Some went onto her plate and some into her bag for the little ankle biter she'd left back at the Manor. They tasted like the sort the 2 year old liked...though to be fair, anything with sugar was what the 2 year old would like.

Cookies piled high, Lex moved to a section of the wall. She'd stay leaned here for a while, just watching for now and wishing she'd dragged Fox along too. 'Least there'd be a better chance of her having a good time then. As it stood, this was debatable.
He glanced over at a girl who walked in and immediately made a beeline for the cookies. That wouldn't be totally out of the ordinary - it WAS a Christmas party, after all - but then she started putting them in her bag. Um. Ok. That was...weird.

He grinned at her. "Saving some for later?" he asked with an eyebrow raise. Someone REALLY liked cookies, it seemed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Jorge Cristo De La Garza was never one to be nervous,
no, he wore his confidence very well, but tonight he was on edge. He hadn't been too thrilled at first to open the doors of the Daily Prophet to the public.
He had been attacked by someone in that public once, but that had been years ago and even though the thoughts were still there and the memories still in here he wasn't going to allow fear hold the prophet back. He had wanted this position since moving to London and now that he had it he was going to see great things happen.

Keeping to his office for a little bit and waiting for his wife to floo over he finally made his way out to greet anyone who had come yet. As he looked around and checked his watch he felt his stomach growl, had he skipped lunch today? The food drew him towards it and he was grabbing a plate. "Good evening Miss Cambridge, thank you for joining us." He knew she was there for work, but hoped she would have a good time.

Seeing his own employees he smiled at them, "Evening Kara and Drew,
how is the food?"
Maybe he'd grab some eggnog as well.
OH HELLO BOSS MAN! Time to be on alert!

"Oh, hey there Mr. De La Garza,"
Drew said with a smile. He had only been there a few months and was pretty sure he hadn't earned the right to call his boss by his first name yet. "Yeah, it's pretty good. I've just nibbled at it for now, though," he added.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid