View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Holmesian Feline

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Default Everyone...
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

There was a young woman who walked into the reception area. Simon inclined his head to acknowledge her presence, not sure about bothering her. However, he got a wave in return which made him curious. Did he know her? A younger student while he was in school that remembered him when he didn’t her? She certainly wasn’t a coworker or a ministry worker which would have been his most common realm of familiarity in recent years. He was better at those faces…for professional reasons. Simon tentatively waved back before his attention was drawn to a familiar voice who was addressing him.

“That depends…have you been doing something I should arrest you for?” he remarked calmly, his face neutral as he turned to the editor before giving a short snort as Jorge’s words continued. “I do remember the real trouble was when you thought I was coming after YOUR girl,” Simon said before chuckling and accepting the offered hand with his own. “Nice to be invited, or at least allowed in.” It wasn’t a personal invited but his friend was personal welcoming him in. As for the hot chocolate. “I’ll be sure to check it out.”

It wasn’t like he had an aversion to hot chocolate the way he did coffee.

“She’s coming…just been busy with the shop.” Angelina didn’t have the same freedom of hours as he had managed despite both leading their respective careers. It was then that his host noticed the young woman who had waved to him earlier and Simon let himself return his attention to her. Jorge obviously knew her and at mention of her father, he grew curious. Had her father held the editor position? Which former editor?

His memory and observation skills went to work and he realized by the conversation he was being made privy too, she was likely the daughter of the man who had been attacked when Jorge had been. Simon was about to actually greet the young woman when her attention was dragged by another newcomer and a young girl so he remained quiet.