Thread: Law Enforcement: Level 2 Break Room
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 05:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Schroyers
Gryffindor

DMLE
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Felix Lupin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mercy Peckham
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Tempest Chandler
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
"There's an idea." A new coffee maker would make taking her coffee breaks in office a little more tolerable, but she couldn't help thinking it gave her one less excuse to take a trip down to Level 3. Granted, she could go anyway, but a cup of coffee in hand usually made it seem more legit.

Sip. "I remember that roommate phase. Don't reckon I could stand to have one around anymore." Half because she already had Emmerson and didn't want her growing up with just anyone around and half because now, if she needed company, she knew exactly where to go. "Why not a kneazle? They're brilliantly loyal and make for the best of company." Felix had been around for years and she still adored the little ball of fur. If nothing else, his violent tendencies were a major factor in why she kept him around. Bless her little feline baby.

Lex couldn't help but snort at that statement. Whether Chandler meant it or was just trying to remain politically correct was still to be determined, but suffice to say, she didn't agree.

"I'd take a bad day over a slow one any day of the week. What's an Auror to do when the world's in perfect harmony? Retire early? Start hugging trees and baking cookies for goodwill?" Nah, she liked the chaos. Liked the adrenaline. Liked having bad guys to deck. Liked not being in an office all day.
"I'd rather pay for a new one personally than go to another floor." Was that lazy? maybe. But Aurors already had a lot to do and worry about without thinking of going somewhere else entirely for coffee.

Roommates were a thing one shouldn't really do in the stage of life she was in..
unless it was a boyfriend maybe but that was different.. And not really something she had to worry about. "Yeah, i don't think i'd want a roommate in any case." Why not a Kneazle? Crups and Kneazles always seemed so...
weird to her. Something about them rubbed Tempest the wrong way. "I'm just more of a dog person, i guess." Right.

Oh good, so Cambridge wasn't one of those Aurors then. "Merlin, i'm glad you said that. I was just trying to be nice.." She laughed a little bit. "Though, Honestly i'm more of a fan of looking for the trouble instead of waiting for it to find me." Because why not control the situation. There was always something happening someone if one only kept their eyes open.

Like an AMERICAN.