View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #36 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittyBitty View Post
Normally when someone came inside her office, Rosalyn asked them if they wanted to take a seat, but she knew that there was no way that Gaston would do that right now given his current state. Instead she gently squeezed his hand as he continued to speak. "It's okay, Gaston. I understand. I'd have reacted the same way if I had thought that something had happened to you." Merlin she hoped that never happened! She had been worried enough that the monster might eat him! And then he went along and voiced her very thoughts. That brought tears to her eyes. "I worried about the exact same thing. I thought that it would eat you." So she knew exactly how he had felt.

Rosalyn put her arms around him as he pulled her close. "Lose me too? What do you mean?" Now she was more confused than ever.
Gaston gave Rose a look of gratitude as she squeezed his hand. The gesture comforted him and made it a little easier to tell her what was on his mind, though it couldn't quite make the bad memories go away. He nodded at her words, his throat too tight to speak. He knew she'd understand, but he still felt horrible for scaring her! Then he saw tears in her eyes and felt even worse. One look at her was all it took to make the tears spring to his own eyes. There was no way around it. If she cried, he cried with her.

"Oh, Rose..." he choked out once he'd found his voice. "It's okay... We're both safe-" His voice broke, and all he could do was silently gaze into her eyes for a few moments. "No matter what happens to me, I promise I'll never, ever leave you." Not even in death. He was sure that if he died, he'd come back as a ghost to look after her.

He felt her arms around him and held her even tighter. As long as she was in his arms, nothing bad could happen to her! It was eventually Rose's questions that jerked him out of his thoughts, and he finally realized the implications of what he'd just said. He sighed sadly. A part of him always knew he'd have to tell her this story one day, but he never imagined it would be now. "I'm afraid that's a rather long story," he said. "Maybe we should sit down..."

The thought of reliving that nightmare had him feeling weak and faint, and he all but collapsed into the nearest chair, noticeably trembling. He didn't know how he was going to get through that story! The last time he told it, he cried so much that he had to be given a calming draught. Still, he wouldn't hide the truth from her just because it was painful. He took a deep breath. "Her name was Eleanore Baudelaire. She was the last girlfriend I had before I met you. I loved her, but she... died."

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...