View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
it's nice to see that even when there are disagreements (or Twitter drama) it can be addressed peacefully and we still like each other.
Indeed. We all can have our own opinions, and sometimes we may have to agree to disagree. Regardless of what happens by the end of the day, decisions have to be made and we all can help be part of the solution no matter what.

Quote:
welp... i just wanted to say that Zoe's post didnt come across to me as a "lecture". i guess in my work its standard to have memos like these, where talking points are addressed methodically and in a most comprehensive manner that doesnt turn into a novel (believe me i've had to make those from time to time and its NOT easy to balance length with completeness )
#PREACH

There's a reason why my initial post underwent so many drafts. It is difficult trying to explain things fully without it being a hundred pages long. I did my best to keep it short while still saying what all needed to be said.

Quote:
im just HIGHLY appreciative that some of the most common issues are addressed and not ignored or swept under the rug. true, some of the response to those issues werent exactly good news, but i believe these are just challenges that we should continue to find good, working solutions for, just as it is for anything in life.
This is exactly why this thread is now here. We all (whether we will admit it or not) that these issues are present. We all want to fix that. This thread just gets the discussion going and also provides a way to communicate with all of you about what's going on with the Hogwarts RPG in a translucent manner that doesn't leave anyone in the dark or feeling that feedback given in the past was ignored.

Quote:
I also didn't think it was a lecture but that just be my way of interpreting the text
Thank you for saying this because it is very true. Sometimes text just doesn't translate. Had I recorded this, my tone definitely would not have been like a parent reprimanding a small child. It simply would have had that "here's what's been said; here's what we've noticed; and here's what we're going to go about it" vibe.

Quote:
I think to run and participate in an RPG you need to have patience, time, willingness to try new things (even if they are scary), and a lot of creativity... like a LOT of creativity.
Quote:
While I'm sad to see some things change, I think it will honestly be for the best
This right here says it all! Change is inevitable, but that doesn't mean things will be like that forever. Some things just aren't working right now, and we just need to accept and adapt accordingly until we can bring some of those things back.

Quote:
I'd also like to thank the members who were willing to share their opinions in this thread (and those who may not have). I almost didn't share my opinion to be honest but I decided at the last minute basically-- why not!
I also appreciate the responses that I've received thus far, either in this thread or by PM. A lot of PMs have come my way (for various reasons), and I am so appreciative of the passion that is imbedded in the responses I have received thus far and that the discussions taking place are being done respectfully and with ALL members at heart. Please keep this up and share your voice, whether that happens here or in our inboxes.

Thank you for your support!