View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 05:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Hello! I thought I'd just throw my two cents into this discussion for what it's worth. I'm generally silent when it comes to OOC discussions and whatnot but I'd like to my express my opinion too. It's interesting to see a variety of opinions already in the thread. And to mention Goblinfrog above, I agree that it's very nice to see a forum for such a discussion to be held. To Steelesheen's point, I also didn't think it was a lecture but that just be my way of interpreting the text. Sheesh. Sometimes its SO difficult to understand what people are saying in words-- I think it's a lot easier to talk it out in person but maybe that's just me

I think to run and participate in an RPG you need to have patience, time, willingness to try new things (even if they are scary), and a lot of creativity... like a LOT of creativity. We are a community of people who love Harry Potter, enjoy creative writing, and exploring the magical Wizarding World. We all come from a variety backgrounds yet we share this common passion which is AMAZING. I think the SSRPG community is truly a magical place.

I agree with Crayola's point that this feedback thread is a great stepping stone. It's an awesome step in shaping the SSRPG further and I'd like to thank the Moderators and Admins not only for their hard work (it TAKES a lot to run an RPG- I tried to run one before with a couple others on another site but it just took a lot out of me) but also for bringing up some important issues to discuss that haven't been discussed over the course of the past few terms. I'd also like to thank the members who were willing to share their opinions in this thread (and those who may not have). I almost didn't share my opinion to be honest but I decided at the last minute basically-- why not! While I'm sad to see some things change, I think it will honestly be for the best (though I am an eternal optimist after all) and if we can continue such a discussion (such as this one) up throughout the next few terms, then I think that'd be awesome and help keep everyone in the loop

I'm excited for the upcoming term and for many more terms!