View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 07:01 AM   #34 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittyBitty View Post
Gaston was scaring her, and it was making Rosalyn feel worse about everything. She knew that he couldn't help it, but seeing him so distressed made HER distressed, and this was on top of fretting she had been doing over the monster dragging off two boys. It was all her fault...

"Fire?!" Rosalyn's eyes widened, and her heart hammered so that she felt it might bust. And then he explained that it had only been a dream. Huuuuuge sigh of relief. "No. No, I'm fine. Everything is fine. The monster is gone and won't ever come back." Miffy and Storm had made sure of that by entering the portal. Once it had been closed, it could never be opened again. Or so she hoped. "You're not okay. Come inside." Taking his hand, she led him inside her office.
The sight of Rose's widening eyes made Gaston's already heavy heart sink even further. The angry voice in the back of his mind that had been berating him for not doing more to fight the monster now ripped him apart for worrying her. Some fiance you are! You're supposed to be comforting her, NOT the other way around! He nodded, trying to force a smile as Rose assured him that the monster from the portal was gone forever, but his lip wobbled and fell. She had no idea! The monster in the portal wasn't the only one on his mind...

He didn't even try to protest as Rose took his hand and led him into her office. He didn't want to ever let go of her hand. He was afraid it would come back and take her from him if he did, just like... He closed his eyes against the memory, but it did nothing to stop it from replaying in his mind. several moments passed before he could force himself to look into Rose's eyes.
"Rose... I-I'm so sorry I frightened you!" he said, his voice sounding hoarse and sad. He realized he was still holding her hand and gave it a little kiss. "I just had to make sure you were alright..."

The lump in his throat and tightness in his chest were becoming impossible to ignore, but he forced himself on. "I was so afraid you'd d-" His voice caught as once again, he couldn't bring himself to say the D word. "-that the monster was going to k-" No, that was even worse! He sighed, running a hand through his hair. This was a lot harder than he thought! "- that only one of us would come back alive yesterday."

Memories of breaking glass, a burning landscape, and blank staring eyes haunted him, and he instinctively pulled Rose close. "Oh, Rose, I can't lose you too..." he whispered, so overwhelmed with emotion that he didn't realize what he just said.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...