View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 02:30 PM

Post 'Strike' TV actors discuss fave Harry Potter characters, meeting J.K. Rowling, more

While promoting this month's television debut of the Strike miniseries on BBC One, stars Holliday Grainger (Robin Ellacott) and Tom Burke (Cormoran Strike) commented about their involvement in the seven-part series.

Grainger went into detail about when she met J.K. Rowling, and the notes she received from the author. The actress also joked about which Harry Potter character she would have loved to portray on screen had she been cast, and her overall love of the famous saga.

On her Harry Potter interests:

Quote:
Holliday Grainger: “I always really liked Ginny (Weasley) in the books but, having said that, if I was going to go back and be cast in a Harry Potter film I would definitely have to be a baddie.

“It’s far more fun. To be a J.K.Rowling baddie in the Harry Potter world would be amazing.
On meeting and chatting with J.K. Rowling (AKA Robert Galbraith):

Quote:
Grainger: I met (Rowling) initially at the read-throughs and we just talked generally about the series.

“All of her notes were very positive. Because her notes are so vivid it felt when we started like everyone was already on the same page and that there weren’t too many big character questions. It’s all so evident in the writing.”

“I hadn’t been (worried) because I felt such a personal connection with Robin.”
Grainger and Burke joined producers Ruth Kenley-Letts, Ben Richards, and director Michael Keillor in a panel discussion and screening for the first Strike episode on Thursday evening at BFI Southbank in London. Photos can be found here.

Burke briefly noted the challenges in creating a character with a disability:

Quote:
Achieving the authenticity – I think authenticity is a dodgy word because one is always moving towards authenticity as it’s not real and fiction – but making sure one honoured the detail of everything with the leg…

“That was where one felt one had one’s work cut out.”
The first episode of Strike airs on BBC One in the UK on Sunday, August 27, and presumably the next two episodes will broadcast the Sundays after.