View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 03:56 PM   #477 (permalink)
Angie

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Wowza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekraken View Post
It seemed that no one wanted her opinion these days and that, quite frankly, put Zoe in a mood. Lately, Brighton and Payton were doing their whole brother thing and she really, really didn't appreciate how they refused to clue her in on their daily activities. Fortunately for her, Zoe was always prepared when it came to her boys--well, men now--and had become somewhat of a professional at tracking them down. She was sure that one of them would say something about her need to constantly be around them, but she didn't care. It wasn't about them it was about her and she needed their validation, like, yesterday.

Coincidentally, Zoe was in need of pet supply things--as Brighton informed her that she would be taking a kitten, and she needed to prepare for her impending motherhood--so she was all smiles when she entered the menagerie and casually strolled around the shop. She took extra care in making sure that her stiletto pumps connected with the ground forcefully to announce her presence. Zoe Avery was anything but subtle when it came to her entrances. As the woman walked around, she heard two distinct, familiar voices and, with a flip of her hair, the red-head made her way over to the two men who gave her the most grief in her life.

"Good to know that you recognize my proclivity for high fashion," she said, slipping in front of them to look at the display.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama View Post
He had meant for Brighton to take the collar. It wasn't uncommon for him to have thought wrong.

Payton gave the collar a couple of shakes while his friend inspected his joking offer with a mixture of disinterest and humor; an odd combination only Brighton Brown could certainly pull off. "I do like furry things," he admitted with a secretive grin. "I hope she keeps that in mind."

Her arrival was announced not by her voice, or the blazing vision of her red hair, but by the sinister sound her heels produced. The click-clacking against the floor of the menagerie produced an arch in Payton's eyebrows. In his mind's eyes he could see the gates of Hell opening up inch by clacking inch, bit by bit, as the sound drew nearer.

He had straightened up by the time she made it to them. "I also like plaid," he told her over his shoulder, tossing the collar lightly at her. Payton pocketed his hands inside his trouser pockets. "I don't care if it's not high fashion."
Brighton's grin was wide, a little mischievous, it made his dark eyes crinkle. There were many follow up comments he could have made at his brother, most would have made his mother flush--and slapped him across the mouth several times, but. There were more pressing matters at hand, such as the arrival of the devil's spawn herself, assuming the devil was even real.

Though he had plenty of experience--over a decade's worth, really--to know that he probably was. If anything because that was the only possibly way to explain her existence.

He caught the collar in the air before it reached Zoe, strapped it on. "Thought I smell the sulfur." Then he turned to look at her, grin still fixed in place. "I'm all set, as you can see." It clashed horribly with the teal of his teal cardigan and white of his undershirt. "Forget the plaid, Payton. Don't be common." He wagged his finger at him. "Let Zoe work her magic, or... whatever it is she calls it." Demonic incantations. Rituals?
"Plenty of things here for sacrifice."