Thread: Law Enforcement: Work Areas
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 03:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Schroyers
Gryffindor

DMLE
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Felix Lupin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mercy Peckham
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Tempest Chandler
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
And that was a lot. It wasn't real proof, but it was a mountain of circumstantials that should raise the ire of any Auror worth their stuff. Overhearing things, theories without proof, but maybe it was a start? The problem, of course, was that Blazes were powerful enough to lean on the Minister and try to get an investigation shut down, and the Morganzos weren't far behind.

"Keep it under your hat for now, but it's a start." Vivi flipped haphazardly through the file before pushing it back to Chandler. "You don't have anything firm. I'd suggest we start by spending some time down on Knockturn. Perhaps in disguise, although you're new so they shouldn't recognize you right off yet. Have you taken this to the boss yet?" Because if not, Vivi should sit in and help smooth it over. Or maybe she just sort of missed field work. She'd been desk-bound for a while now, but Kizzy was a toddler and Vivi could put herself in danger again.

Tempest knew these were powerful people. But she also knew she'd devoted her life to upholding the law and protecting the innocent. It was strange though, back in New York her family was one of the rich and powerful ones and here she was basically a nobody, aside from her Auror status. She took the file back and placed it in the creaky drawer once again.

"That's why i'm slowly working on it." She knew it was an uphill battle but she wasn't easily discouraged. "We?" Clearly the idea of having a partner on this excited Tempest. She found with investigations it was easier to have someone to talk to, sometimes a new set of eyes could see something that hers couldn't. "Knockturn sounds like the perfect place to start.. Maybe i could pretend to be in need of something a little less than legal." Because that was always the best way to catch someone red handed. "I haven't talked to the boss yet, i wanted to find a little more. I know these families are powerful but that's why they shouldn't be allowed to operate anymore. I'm thinking about proposing a task force to deal with them."

Like an AMERICAN.