View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Rose seemed a little less worried now, which eased Gaston's mind a little. Truth be told, his current state had nothing to do with the fire. Granted, the candle had made him nervous, but he was already out of his mind with worry long before he lit that candle. Rose's words got a slight laugh from him, not that he was laughing at her, of course. He laughed because he was relieved that she wasn't worried or hurt because of him. "Alright, if you insist," he said. He didn't like the idea, but he would go along with it... at least for now. They might have to change that rule later on. For one fleeting moment, he imagined a child, their child, blowing out birthday candles, and the thought made him smile.

His smile grew even wider at what Rose said next. He knew she would've understood... which was more than he could say for his bandmates. Ed and Lucien thought he was crazy for staying behind! He didn't regret his decision, though. Not one bit! "Oh, Rose, I could never leave you," he whispered. Just the thought was breaking his heart, but before he could think too much on it,Rose's mention of fangirls made him laugh. "I think they'll survive without me!"

Then the conversation went in a more emotional direction. Rose was saying that he did a good job showing her how much he loved her and that she didn't deserve him, but he disagreed on both counts. Everything he'd done for her seemed small because there were no words or actions that could fully express his love for her! Her kind words fanned the flames of his already heightened emotions, and he silently shook his head in reply, too overwhelmed to do anything else.

For several moments, the only sound Gaston could hear was his heart hammering against his chest. What if Rose said no? What if she thought it was too soon? What if that cad who broke her heart in the past had turned her off of marriage? The longer he waited, the more worried he became, and then... She said yes! All the fear he'd felt vanished and left only joy and pure love in his heart. He slipped the ring on her finger and stood. Rose had begun to cry, and he held her, gently wiping her tears while ignoring his own. He wished there was something he could say, but he was afraid he'd sob with happiness if he tried!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...