Thread: Law Enforcement: Work Areas
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 12:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroyers View Post
Tempest looked back up as her Fellow Auror came in. Right, she was still new here which meant that she couldn't rightly just stare into a snowglobe. "My Warrants are already caught up. I'm working on something else and hitting a bit of a dead end.. Maybe you can help me?" This wasn't a new job for her. The former Horned Serpent was a MACUSA Auror for years, the only job she ever really knew. So paperwork was nothing.. Boring.. Really boring but nothing.

"I have reason to believe there are different families here in the UK working as crime syndicates, selling and buying illegal goods right under our noses.. and names are easy enough to come by but enough proof to bring to anyone is tough. I haven't been here long enough to cultivate a relationship with a trustworthy CI just yet." Surely Auror James wouldn't think she was insane? Because these families have clearly been operating like this for years and no one had done a thing.. She couldn't be the only one to notice.

But she also knew she had a hard time giving up. Would she even believe it if someone told her she was wrong when her gut was saying she was very very right?
Vivi tapped her nails against the top of her desk. Tap. Tap. Tap. It was a thinking pose, the better to gauge this new Auror. She didn't need more of the wild west antics that Lex brought to the table, and the new Auror was an unknown entity. "Chandler, is it? Listen, Chandler, you have to be careful accusing 'different families' of things without proof. I'm not crying nepotism or anything, but that's a big charge and the Ministry can't afford to tick off powerful members of the community for nothing."

That felt kind of harsh. She fidgeted with the picture of Kizzy. And sighed. "What have you got? If I'm going to give up any of my CI's, it has to be pretty compelling."

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest