Thread: Law Enforcement: Work Areas
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 02:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Schroyers
Gryffindor

DMLE
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Felix Lupin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mercy Peckham
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Tempest Chandler
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Chin up, Buttercup." Genevieve James dropped her bag onto her desk before sliding into her chair. Butt down, feet up, coffee in hand. The day could start. She toasted the new Auror with a tip of the coffee cup. Not Level 2 coffee. Level 2 coffee was still the worst in the Ministry.

"File your warrants and stop goofing around." Or whatever was going on with the snowglobe. It wasn't more important than getting her files in order. Vivi swapped out the framed photos on her desk, a dark-haired toddler and gap-toothed twins with hands that looked sticky even from ten feet away. Honestly, if they weren't hers, Vivi wouldn't touch those three with a ten foot pole. Kids were messy. Other people's kids were worse.
Tempest looked back up as her Fellow Auror came in. Right, she was still new here which meant that she couldn't rightly just stare into a snowglobe. "My Warrants are already caught up. I'm working on something else and hitting a bit of a dead end.. Maybe you can help me?" This wasn't a new job for her. The former Horned Serpent was a MACUSA Auror for years, the only job she ever really knew. So paperwork was nothing.. Boring.. Really boring but nothing.

"I have reason to believe there are different families here in the UK working as crime syndicates, selling and buying illegal goods right under our noses.. and names are easy enough to come by but enough proof to bring to anyone is tough. I haven't been here long enough to cultivate a relationship with a trustworthy CI just yet." Surely Auror James wouldn't think she was insane? Because these families have clearly been operating like this for years and no one had done a thing.. She couldn't be the only one to notice.

But she also knew she had a hard time giving up. Would she even believe it if someone told her she was wrong when her gut was saying she was very very right?

Like an AMERICAN.