View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 03:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
If there was one thing Victoria never felt she did that was intimidate anyone, on the contrary she always felt she wasn't very intimidating at all so the fact that the young man standing in front of her was acting oddly made her chuckle, "You seem a bit nervous, do you have a meeting coming up?" Maybe he had a meeting with Mariel later or something. She could see how people would be intimidated by her, but really they should be that either.

Anyway, she looked around at his empty cubical and then at the box.
"Well yes, I think March is a good time to realize you are staying and it's time to get things situated." She gave him a friendly smile, "I personally enjoy pictures on my desk. Family smiling at me, so on hard days I can look at that and see my grandson or my children. Maybe a picture of Sophie would be good for here." He was still dating the girl wasn't he?
She tried not to keep tabs on that one, her relationship with Victoria's husband was one she had never approved of, something odd about it that just made her uncomfortable.

Again she moved on with the thought without any mention of anything else.
"I was hoping you may have a schedule of any upcoming recreational leagues. I wasn't sure what seasons were coming up with what in the children sports world. My daughter Elsa is asking about playing something and I wanted to see if Helena was old enough to start any leagues yet." Alana had fully taken n gymnastics and cheerleading, though it had taken some convincing from them to try the muggle sports. Victoria just hoped it would help her adjust being a squib and all.
No yeah, everyone at the ministry was pretty intimidating. Well, the old people anyway. And Zander considered anyone above the age of 27 to be old. Which meant, almost the majority of the employees here. It was something he'd hopefully grow comfortable with soon, but for now... This was still his first adult job and he was still only a few months in. So yeah, nervous. Definitely. "Huh? Oh, no, I-- Well, I do actually need to bounce a few ideas around with her, but I haven't actually gotten a chance to schedule a meeting or anything," he rubbed the back of his neck, hoping that he wasn't coming off as awful as she made it sound.

"Yeaaaah," he laughed off the slight embarrassment that brought a light tint of pink to his ears. "I don't know why I never thought of bringing photos before... It just didn't really occur to me that I could make this place my own." That and between trying to get his feet on the ground, there wasn't too much time for decorating. "But I do think I like it here," he nodded. "Though, I think if I put a picture of Soph up, it might be a bit distracting!" Ha, ha, ha. That wasn't an awkward joke, was it? Zander wasn't sure, he regretted it a little. Ahem. And for the record, he wasn't the biggest fan of the whole Soph and Culloden thing either, by the way, but probably for different reasons. Zander just hated being in the same room with his Professors outside of the whole Student-Professor role kind of thing. It was a lot.

Anyways, what did come to ask him? He was somewhat worried. "Oh," his nerves were slightly calmed after hearing the reason why she had come to him. Who would've thought!?! She approached him at work to ask him about things he was doing for his JOB. How ironic. "Well what is she interested in?" They had a couple of different things set up at the moment. It was still a growing niche but there was plenty to choose from between winged horse racing, Aingingein, Quodpot, and broom racing. Maybe her daughter had a particular sport she was interested in?

And how many kids did they even have!? "Hmmm how old is she?" he asked, moving the box on his desk so that he could look through a stack of papers. There was something in here that could be useful... If he could only find it.

You are Lemon!