Thread: Law Enforcement: Trainings Classroom
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 12:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Nymphadoraliz
Dark Force Defense League
Crup

x12 x12
Becky's Bestie | Magic Pen Original Nymphadora | Lizasaurus

Text Cut: Ivy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
Schedule permitting, Ivy made it her job to attend as many trainings as possible. Her father still had qualms about her abandoning the family's private security company for a job at the ministry, and she was determined to prove him wrong at all costs. She would pave her own way, it had been decided since she'd graduated school.

Slipping into the classroom, the security officer smiled at those already in attendance. "Morning. That coffee smells heavenly." Honest, it did. She'd be securing herself a cupful before they got started.

He greeted Ivy and smiled at her when she mentioned coffee "It tastes as good as it smells" he said offering her a cup. He had a feeling they all would be needing it soon enough, unless it went quickly going over common wizarding laws.

Text Cut: Benzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Dropping Emma off at the daycare today had been surprisingly swift, and Benzi walked into the classroom early for a change. Eyes sweeping over the people present, he wondered if Evie would show today before making his way over to his Department Head and that wonderful magical substance called coffee.

"Morning Gid," he smiled, as polite and as courteous as ever, making his way round and greeting everyone present with a nod of his head, Simon whom he remembered from before and the other woman he'd met during his current stint as YATI. Cambridge got a slightly wider grin and a casual salute.

Let's get this started, yes?

"Good morning" he replied smiling back at Benzi when he greeted entered and spoke.

Text Cut: Lynley and Alexa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
She hoped to see at least one or two Transpo faces here, because she thought this was pretty important, but as she made her way inside, Lynley saw none.

Actually, she was the only non MLE person in here thus far.

Well then.

Coffee in hand, she saw lots of younger MLE'ers, that security guard she didn't much like, and Alexa. Her choice of person to stand next to? Alexa, of course. "Good day to you all," she nodded as she made her way over to the auror. "Hello, Gid," she said with a nod in his direction and a sip of her coffee. Her hair was pulled back into a tight bun, and she had dark circles under her eyes. She was getting over a rather unfortunate cold. -__- And her sniffles told as much.

Plus, Wyatt had not been happy about being left at the daycare today since she had been off yesterday and spent the entire day with him...it had thrown off his little schedule. Poor guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
"It tastes heavenly too." Lex confirmed, as they were joined by yet another co-worker. One that was over in Security. They got to deal with all the Ministry crazies which....happened a lot she was starting to find out. It was like Hogwarts, only people miraculously never died--and for the most part it was just crazies, not danger. Not enough to convince her it was a viable option. "Have some, bet Gid wouldn't mind pouring you a cup too." Casually volunteering her boss. It wasn't like the man wasn't willing.

"I'm doing surprisingly alright for an Auror whose case has gone warm." She said, now replying to the man who might now have become the designated coffee pourer. Not cold. She would never admit it was cold, not aloud anyway. "Think I've finally worked Emmerson into a routine that gets me here faster." Which was always a good thing. Lex liked being here as soon as she could be. For a while, it was harder and damn near impossible but now she was back on track and it felt amazing.

Speaking of...."Looks like I beat you to the Daycare today." Benzi's grinned was returned with one of her own. Of course, there was no real competition. Merlin, no, just a joke. 'Sides, he had like three months on her, it'd have hardly been fair. "Means you owe me lunch."

Ann how did she NOT know Lynnie would be here...oh wait, or that she was sick. "You look like death, or someone death paid a visit earlier but you were too stubborn to go." Which was pretty much 'hello'. "Did you pick something up from the germ magnet?" And could she....not pass it on....? That'd be GREAT.

Aha! Finally another person from the ministry "Morning Lynley" he said brightly. He was about to move to take a seat when he heard Alexa speak and nearly snickered but gave her a wry smile and nodded, "If you'd like one, I'd be happy to pour you one as well."

Text Cut: Gabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittyBitty View Post
Sooo Common Wizarding Law sounded like the most boring thing ever, but Gabby knew that it was important to know this stuff. That, and Lynley surely would be pleased if her employees took part in this kind of thing. Look at her being worker of the year by attending even though she would want to be put out of her misery before the session was over.

"Hello, everyone!" Look at her being so polite.

Spotting her boss/best friend, she made a beeline towards her and Lex. Hopefully she wasn't contagious anymore because yeah... She did not wanting her babies to get sick. "Surprised to see me here?" she said while figuring that Lynley wouldn't be at all since she knew how diligent Gabby was. "How's it going, Lex?" Would they be starting soon? Because she wanted to get this over with.

Another fro around the ministry, he recognized her as well and smiled her way "There's coffee here if you'd like some" he offered.

Text Cut: Penelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
After dropping off a really fussy toddler in the daycare, Penelope took a few moments to relax as she took the lift up to level 2, sipping the coffee she'd picked up on her way here. Merlin, when Ivy didn't sleep well, she let everyone know it, and she was always in a horrible mood about it. Understandable, of course, but it always set Penelope on edge that day too. So stressful.

And it was terrible day for it since the Wizarding Law training class was today. Gonna be a loooong day, she could feel it.

"Morning," she said as a general greeting as she entered the room. Seemed everyone was already chatting amongst themselves, which was okay with Penelope - she'd just be over here, hoping the coffee would wake her up before the training started. Merlin knew she didn't want to fall asleep, since Wizarding Law theory was guaranteed to be a snoozefest.

He nodded to Penelope as she entered and moved towards a seat. They had a pretty good turnout, and anyone who entered later was more than welcome. He didn't think waiting on the dreaded 'History' of Magic laws was going to be the most exciting part of the trainings. But better to get it over and done with than to put it off!

"I think we'll get started here. If anyone comes in late, we'll just make sure they get involved and also get some copies of notes." He didn't want anyone missing anything important. "What I want to know here, is how familiar each of you are with the most common wizarding laws. Can I ask each one of you to state your name, which department or position you are in, and a law you commonly use in your position?" He thought that for sure would be a really good place to start, that way they'd make sure to cover those areas in the departments, as well as any that might be needed.

OOC: don't worry if you're late, feel free to jump in! No points docked or anything just a lot of fun, no wrong answers. I'm putting together laws that are both known canon, mixed canon and SS canon over here. I am in the process of it, and will add to the 3rd post under statutes as we go, or as I finish them!

You are Coffee!