Thread: SS: A Mural Of Love
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 01:26 AM   #46 (permalink)
WhittyBitty
Dark Force Defense League

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Scene 4

It's February 14, 2093 and Oliver and Esme are spending their first Valentine's Day as a couple at Madame Puddifoot's.

SPOILER!!: Previous Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver
Was he nervous?

Just a tad but Oliver McDean was a lot more confident in himself since entering this relationship with Esme. He held her hand as they entered the warm and rather girly decorated shop. "It's been a while since I've been in here,'' he told his girlfriend. "Years, actually. Since I was at Hogwarts.'' No, he hadn't been here on a date. It had been more out of curiosity that he had checked the shop out.

"There's a vacant table.'' Olly lead the way over, dropping Esme's hand only to pull out the chair for her. He was forever her gentleman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme
Esme could sense that Olly was a little nervous by his manner, but she knew that there was nothing for him to worry about; everything would go great and she was just so happy to be with him right now. She hated being away from him so much, but it was only for a few more months. Soon enough she would be graduated and living with him.

"Ooh, did you take a lucky girl here?" she asked with a smile. "I haven't been here in a while either. I like the desserts though. And the tea, obviously." She hadn't tried the coffee before so she had no idea what it was like. Well, maybe she would at some point, though she had no idea how often she would come here after graduation. Definitely to see Rachel and Azura along with her other best friends since they would still be at school. She would really miss them. That thought made her sad and she didn't want to dwell on it. Today was a happy day because she was seeing her boyfriend.

Her wonderful Olly. "Thank you," she said with a smile as he pulled out a seat for her. What a gentleman he was! Taking a seat, she waited for him to join her.
Quote:
Oliver laughed softly. "I did not. I was too busy admiring you from afar and trying to work up the courage to ask you out.'' Unfortunately, no courage had been worked up. Such a Gryffindor he had not been. "Hmm, so did you have a date then? I mean a date that brought you here?'' Was jealousy there? Not one bit. If Esme had a date here, it was all in the past. He was her present.

"You're welcome.'' Seeing that she was comfortable, Olly himself took a seat opposite her. "Happy Valentine's Day.''Smiling, he muttered an incantation and produced a single rose. There was something he liked about just giving her one rose instead of a bouquet. It didn't mean that he loved her any less. "I've missed you a lot.''
Quote:
Olly made Esme smile, but then he always did that. She didn't care that he hadn't been on a date before her because that would have been in the past, but it made her so happy to know that she had that effect on him. He certainly had an effect on her too. "Well, I'm really happy that you managed to." He was a lot braver than he gave himself credit for and she loved him. She really did. "Nope, I came here with my sister. I'd never been on a date until I started seeing you." No shame in that.

And speaking of her sister, there she was. Esme smiled and waved at Juno. Leon also got a wave in greeting as he walked in soon after. It wasn't a surprise to see them here, and while she usually spent her time with Juno, this was different. This was their time with their boyfriends. They wanted it to be this way.

"Happy Valentines Day, baby," she said beaming as he gave her a rose that he had conjured. "It's so perfect! I love it." Happily Esme took it before giving it a sniff; roses were one of her favourite flowers. Even though she didn't like gardening the way her mom did, she did love flowers. "I missed you a lot too. I wish I could see you in a couple days for my birthday, but I'm just happy to see you now." And in a few months she would be leaving Hogwarts and could see him all the time. "I got you a present!"

Still smiling, she reached into her bag and pulled it out. Inside the wrapping paper was a painting that she had done of the both of them. While she didn't think that she was as good an artist as he was, she was very pleased with how it had turned out. And she had used some of the techniques that he had taught her over the summer. She was sure that he would love it.
Quote:
With Juno? Olly grinned. "Sister bonding moments?'' It was safe to say he always loved having those. He looked up to his sister; she was his idol. Seeing Esme waving at someone, he followed her gaze. Leon and Juno were there too and he sent them both a smile.

"I'm bad at getting presents and I didn't want to get the traditional chocolates too. You can expect two presents for your birthday.'' Because Olly was still working on putting Esme's presents together. "Thank you.'' He was so happy to be with her again. "It's only a few more months and then you can move in.'' Which meant that they didn't need to miss each other anymore.

The guy smiled even more when he unwrapped the painting. "Wow! You're getting even better. I love it, Esme!'' He even recognised some of the techniques he had taught her. "I can't wait to put this up on the wall.'' After admiring it some more, he asked, "Do you want to order now?''
Quote:
Of course Olly would understand sister bonding moments; Esme knew that he was close to Naida and they still spent time together despite living on different continents. This made her happy and she was looking forward to spending a lot of time with his family over the years to come. "Yep. We try to have those as much as possible, though of course it's a little harder with NEWTs coming up." Honestly she was having a hard time handling all the studying and it was actually starting to stress her out. It was weird because she hardly ever felt stressed... "I really really hope that I do okay on the ones I take. I can't afford to fail any..." Not when they were necessary both for University AND her future career.

Smiling, she conjured up a little white vase to put the rose in and then filled it with water. There, now her rose had a home. It really WAS amazing to be able to perform magic outside of school. Being of age was amazing. "I think you are great at picking out presents. I love the bracelet you got me last year. I wear it all the time." Esme pulled up her sleeve so that he could see it. "Well, I will always love chocolate so long as it's white." Did he remember that she didn't like chocolate otherwise? Not that white chocolate was technically chocolate... "Anyway I can't wait for my presents, though really seeing you is present enough for me." This was their first time together since Christmas and she had missed him so much. "Yes! I can't wait to move in." She was very excited for this!!

"I'm so glad you love it. See, your lessons haven't gone to waste." Beam. She would definitely remember everything that he taught her and would continue to teach her. "It is going to look so amazing in the apartment." Esme could see it already.

The question of ordering came up and she nodded. "I think I will have coffee and cheesecake." Yummy.
Quote:
Olly nodded understandingly. Exam times were always some of the toughest. "Look on the bright side. After NEWTs, you'll be exam- free for a while.'' This meant more time with him and Juno. Unless Juno was preoccupied with other things. He hesitated for a while then reached out a hand to touch Esme's. This was basically a place where everyone was showing signs of affection so he had no cause to be self conscious about it. "You'll do fine. I know you can do it.''

He couldn't help smiling. Olly was rather pleased that Esme liked his present that much. "It looks beautiful on you.'' Yes, she made the bracelet look pretty and not the other way around. "I did remember but is white chocolate still chocolate?'' He hadn't been sure hence why he didn't bother getting any. He smiled again. "It feels like it's been forever since I last saw you. I missed your beautiful face.'' As for moving in together, they'd need to talk to Esme's parents first. Just the thought of that made him feel so very nervous.

"We'll have more lessons then. You're the best student ever.'' Oliver was being biased but that was something he could live with. "I'll have the same.'' And he went to place the order.

Exams weren't really what Esme wanted to think about EVER, but the fact was that they were looming over her head and making her feel a little tense. This was odd for her and she wasn't used to being anxious, but in order to get into University she needed to do well on the ones she was writing. Obviously she wouldn't be doing ALL of them because that would be insane. And she could talk to Oliver about all of this because he was completely understanding and supportive like always. "You're right. I always try to look on the bright side of things as much as possible. I'm just not a scholar." That was more her sister. The hand reassured her, and she squeezed it, immediately feeling her worries melt away. "Thanks, Olly. That means a lot." And him taking her hand must be a little weird for him since he was still getting used to PDA, so the gesture meant even more to her for that.

Grin. He was always saying how nice she looked and Esme actually believed it when it came from him. "It really is the nicest bracelet that I ever had." So really he wasn't bad at choosing presents in the slightest; she'd love anything that he gave her. AND he remembered that she only liked white chocolate! It would have been okay if he had forgotten, but knowing that he hadn't made her smile. "Well, not REALLY. I don't think. It's a chocolate derivative." But no, she didn't know the specifics of it. Before she could think of anything further on the subject, he was making her blush. "I feel the same and I missed your handsome face too." And she would be missing him again when the Hogsmeade weekend was over, but she didn't want to dwell on that. "It's going to go perfectly fine when we ask them. I can't see them saying no. Not when they really like you. Besides, we would be together for a year by then so I think that would help." Hopefully that would reassure him because she knew that Olly must be really nervous about this.

"I'd love more lessons from the best teacher ever." Beam. Was she being biased? Yes. But she didn't care. They were both being biased and that didn't matter in the slightest. Patiently she waited for him to come back.