Thread: Dining Terrace
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 03:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
lemon
Dark Force Defense League
Hufflepuff

DMLE
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Annaliese Toussaint
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Dmitriy Toussaint
Law Enforcement

x12 x12
Dani's Citrus Duck Spawn | Mama Giraffe | Lemon PATch | Pushed the Red Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"You've been vegan since you were thirteen? Do you understand that I couldn't even commit to a hairstyle at that age?" It made her feel so completely inadequate to be around Toussaints. Especially Dima and his older brother. She was used to feeling small around Angelo, but Dmitriy had been so normal at their lunch together. Turns out, he was not normal. He was the shiny sort of special she'd come to recognize as not-Carrigan.

"What's seitan?" She added cheese to the plate Dmitriy handed to her, just in case he needed some calcium or whatever, and followed him as he stepped away from the table. Why did the chicken have to smell SO good, though?

"So you have to eat more to make up for the fact that your food is less substantial?" Why did she sound like a nutrition quiz?
"Vegetarian since 13, vegan since 15." He paused briefly. "To be fair, I couldn't commit to a hairstyle either. I definitely had a fringe thing going on." And Kyroh Scabior had documented all these uncomfortable phases in pictures, fortunately. That was just what the world needed.

Dima raised an eyebrow at the cheese, wary but loath to say anything about it. Maybe Carrigan would slip up and reach for it accidentally, but that sounded too easy. "Seitan is wheat gluten. People make it into fake meat." Cheered by how amazingly unappetizing he had made that sound, the former Ravenclaw set the first of his plates and their drinks at the nearest empty table he saw.

"Sure. But I eat a lot anyway." Whether it was a three-course pasta dinner or seven melons as a meal, Dmitriy could clear it all.

It was a talent, really.

__________________________________..____this is why we can't have nice things, darling.