Thread: Dining Terrace
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 03:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Text Cut: you three! bosslady, Lydia, classmatewhodoesntrememberus XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

Lynley always haaaaated leaving her son at home, but he was getting better about it, to be frank. She didn't get as dressed as she did for work, even, but looked nice enough for this event, she thought. The department head was starving, so she decided to indulge and head over to the food.

Ugh, and it was hipster food.

She eyed the choices with immense dislike, but decided it couldn't be horrible or else the she was coming for ALTHEA. Merlin, the minister. After stocking her plate...lightly, because she didn't want to overtake and then not like anything, she spotted one of her employees with what LOOKED like two new ones. At least, Lynley wasn't familiar with either of the faces Chloe was speaking to. She casually made her way over and caught Chloe's eye for a second. "Hello, Chloe. How was your break? How's the baby?" she asked curiously. She still hadn't touched her food. Talking was a good distraction, even if her stomach was quietly rumbling within her. "And are you two...new employees?" She tried to smile, but it probably came off more like a smug smirk.

Oh, Lynley Purcell. She knew they weren't Transportation because her only new employee was an older gentleman. He was older than she was, at least. She was a lot friendlier with the newer people than she used to be. Lucky for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
"Oh my merlin, noooo, that's not what I meant, silly!" This guy was just so cute, wasn't he? He could be, like, a pop star or something, honest to goodness. Probably the hair. Popstars tended to have great hair, like, all the time. Perks of having a stylist. Daddy used to have one of those before he got, like, way too old for the leather pants and shredded tees he used to wear. Anyway, like, what had he said again? OH! "I just meant, like, their passion was so honest, y'know? It's so not something you see all the time, so, it's super, like, real and emotional and stuff." Which was obviously good and all, except maybe not for the people putting this whole thing on.

Lydia was about to ask the guy his name when they were joined by another girl, one who, like, clearly knew and was excited about seeing the guy. WOW, date much? Gosh. "Are you two, like, long lost friends or something?" The blonde raised her eyebrows, curious. She so totally loved a good story, y'know. "I'm Lydia Calloway, of the wrock family the Calloways. You might recognize me and stuff, you wouldn't be the first." Like, she was once super famous by association, thanks daddy. "I'm going to be running the-" but a new face, like, totally had cut her off. She seemed like the authoritative type for sure.

"Lydia Calloway, pleasure to meet you." She offered her hand to the newest addition to their little group and gave, like, a super friendly smile. "I was just saying how I'll be in charge of the gift shop in the ministry. I'm, like, so super excited." Even if she only applied for the job because, like, daddy was afraid she'd blow through the money he'd gifted her too fast. It wasn't even her fault she liked to shop. She had a passion for fashion. Passion was, like, such a good thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post

"......." What. That's not what she (Lydia) meant? Zander was more than a little confused, but he kept quiet... Hoping she'd elaborate because honestly he couldn't think of any other way to interpret what she had said???!!??!??? Uh. Man. He missed working with children already. They always said exactly what they meant. Ha ha ha ha. Help. "Oh... Ha ha ha ha... Yeaaah," he nodded, pretending to truly pick up what she was putting down. Was passion really that rare? ...... Did working at the ministry suck out all the enjoyment in life???????

WHAT HAD HE SIGNED UP FOR!?!??!?!?!

His cheeks were still pretty flushed when the newest arrival (Chloe) joined their group. And boy was she excited? Was now a bad time to admit that Zander had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHO SHE WAS??? Sure she looked super familiar... But.... Zander couldn't place it. Three and a half years is a REAL long time. Not to mention, they never had any memorable conversations while at Hogwarts... That and Zander really only surrounded himself with a circle of good friends and HE WAS SUPER BUSY, IT WASN'T HIS FAULT!! She had to be a Hogwarts graduate, that much Zander could place. Perhaps his year? She certainly looked around his age... And... Possibly a Gryffindor? Maybe? She looked so familiar (sort of). "Uh, wow, heeeeeey," he was going to have to fake it. lol. As long as he avoided her name, no one would ever know.

"It's been so long," This was good. He was doing GREAT. And that's when she introduced herself to the blonde one, CHLOE. He would've jumped for joy had there not been others around. Thank Merlin for Lydia over here. Without that introduction, Zander would've been done for. Chloe. OH WAIT. Definitely his year. Zander vaguely remembered now. "We, uh, graduated together," he replied to Lydia's inquiry hesitantly. By the strength and power of Merlin above, PLEASE let that be right.

And about the wrock, er, stuff, "That's... Um... Awesome!" Uh. Again, faking it here. This muggleborn knew a very limited amount of wizard radio knowledge. Most of what he knew was due to working for Fox and most of that knowledge started and ended with TDK and the band that started with an A.

And then YET ANOTHER ( Lynley) person joined them. This was definitely not something Zander prepared for. He gave an uneasy smile to the new arrival, who clearly knew Chloe... And thank Merlin didn't know Zander because if he had to pretend to know something else this night would truly become a nightmare. "... That easy to tell, huh?" he rubbed the back of his neck TRYINGNOTTOPANIC. How did SHE KNOW???? Were they already making some newbie mistake????

Ha ha ha ha ha heneededsophiebrownforthis.

And before the blond woman could introduce herself, someone else had come up behind her who addressed her. Lynley Purcell, because after going on three years, how could she not recognize the woman's voice. It was definitely a good thing to know your boss' voice though, at least in the redhead's opinion. "Lynley," she grinned, eying the bare minimum the woman had taken on her plate. Goodness, she was really going to have to work on her in getting her to eat this food. This was like Chloe's staples. "My break was ..." she glanced over at Zander a moment and then back to Lynley. "... it was restless, but good. Baby is good, mostly. He sleeps for four hour intervals now." Which was better than the two hours before, so that was good. "How's your offspring?"

This blond woman, well, while Chloe didn't know Zander terribly well, she was almost positive that this woman could NOT have been the replacement for Sophie Brown. She was just way too .... something. Wrock family? Calloway? Was that meant to be some sort of famous family? She wasn't completely naive in that she knew wrock was wizarding music related, and yet, she didn't follow all the artists as she perhaps should have. Who had time to keep up with the artists anyway? She listened to the music, but knowing details about who was behind the music? Way too much effort. "Likewise, I'm sure, Lydia. So gift shop, huh? I didn't even know the Ministry had a gift shop." Was it a new place? How had no one ever told her of its existence? It was probably overpriced merchandise anyway, which is why when she shopped, she went into town despite the apparent convenience of having things on premises.

Speaking of being real, if there was one thing that Chloe had a knack for it was knowing when someone was being real or not and she was nearly sure, judging from watching her former housemate's face that he did NOT remember her at all. And if there was another thing she was good for it was to usually not embarrass people who seemed to be forgetful after only three years of not seeing someone who'd they spent seven years with. Of course they hung out with different crowds, but hello, SAME COMMON ROOM, and they were sorted consecutively, not that Zander would have realized or remembered that since he was sorted first so didn't really pay attention to who went after him (likely). "Three and a half years," she added, to his 'it's been so long' comment. "Don't be so modest, Zander. We shared a common room for seven years. So you're working here now, then?" Because apparently he needed reminding that they were housemates.

Oh no, what if he'd been obliviated which is why he didn't remember anything? Or he was just so in love with Sophie Brown that anyone else just got faded to black?

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.