View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 09:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston could sense that Rose was getting emotional, and it was making him emotional... or in this case, more emotional than he already was. Not that he could blame her, of course with everything going on in the school. His bright blue eyes momentarily strayed to the castle. He half-expected to hear news of another student being taken by the portal at any moment, but he tried to push those thoughts out of his mind. This was supposed to be their night to forget all that for a while!

He didn't know what he could say to make her feel better, so he just hugged her and gave her an encouraging smile. His eyes widened slightly at what she said next, but his smile only grew. Sure she was only echoing his own sentiments, but he was still deeply moved by it. Not one of his past girlfriends had ever said they wanted him the way he was! His throat was quickly becoming too tight to speak, and he had to pinch at the inner corners of his eyes. This is ridiculous, he silently berated himself. He was already on the verge of tears, and he hadn't even asked her yet!

Gaston chuckled a little when Rose said his health was more important than a tradition. Classic Rose, always putting others before herself... it was one of the things he loved most about her. "My health maybe, but not more important than my silly fear of fire," he joked, but his face fell at the sight of her concerned expression. He hated worrying her like this! And now she was talking about healing charms. Merlin, this night wasn't going according to plan! "Of course I'm sure," he said. "It wasn't a deep cut, and I think it finally stopped bleeding." His eyes momentarily dropped to his injured finger to double check. "Now no more worrying about me!" he added, giving her a little kiss on the cheek. "This is your night." Or at least it was if he could manage not to mess anything else up...

He was a little relieved when Rose said she didn't need the healer, but he still hated himself for spilling tea on her. She could've been badly burned because of his clumsiness, and if she had... He didn't even want to think about that!
He felt Rose's presence as she joined him and took a deep breath. It was now or never! "I'd planned to tell you this later, but now I think would be better to get it out of the way, for your safety if nothing else" he said with a self-deprecating chuckle. There was no telling what more damage he might cause if he put it off any longer! "As you know. the international tour is starting soon, and the manager needs to know whether or not to add me to the lineup and..." His voice trailed off; this was a lot herder than he thought! "A-and... I t-told him..." He tried to go on, but he was stammering and getting tongue-tied. He sighed, nervously running a hand through his dark hair. "Maybe it would be easier if you open this first?"

He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a brightly wrapped package tied with purple ribbon. Inside it Rose would find a copy of the citizenship application he'd sent into the ministry months ago. That would tell her what his decision was better than his words ever could!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...