View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #112 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Oh.

Mariel obviously did not know that he and Tallie were dating. Erm... was now a good time to tell her? Then again, if he hid the truth and it came out later, it would most likely be a million times worst. But the talk of professionalism made him feel as though his heart had momentarily stopped beating. "I- I will keep that meeting to add the finishing touches.'' There was a brief pause. "I also need to let you know that Tallie and I are dating.''

Those words were hardly out of his mouth when there was a patronus in the form of a fox streaking into the office. Lucas recognised Vic's voice and the message left him curious. A strange box? "I think I'll join you,'' he said getting to his feet and grabbing the notes before moving to the door and opening it for Mariel. Maybe the issue of him and Tallie would be dropped for now.
Without really waiting for Lucas to answer, Mariel crossed the room towards the door. She certainly wouldn't mind if he wanted to walk with her to the Patents offices, and they could continue any conversation as they walked. But she wouldn't keep him if he didn't want to join her either. It wasn't his division and she wasn't quite so sure of the emergency, so she would leave that up to him.

"Fantastic," she added with a smile, knowing she could count on Lucas to get the job done. It was why she had personally chosen him for this project in the first place. And he was professional, even if she needed to offer a reminder.

Excuse me?

Mariel paused in her stride, just as Lucas pushed the door open wider and she was about to step past him. He and Tallie were dating? Mariel turned to look at him. "Are you not aware of the no-dating policy in this department?" Of course, it really should be for the entire Ministry, but she would not tell other department heads what they should do regarding their employees. "Dating a co-worker is strictly prohibited here." And even if neither of them were explicitly aware, most people knew that it made good sense to not date people you worked with, for the very reasons she implemented such a thing. And many other workplaces did have that rule as well.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line