View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 05:14 PM

Post Jude Law confirms not reading 'Fantastic Beasts' 2 script, reveals casting reaction

While chatting with TheWrap as part of Primetime Emmy nomination period promotion, Jude Law (in consideration for his work in HBO's The Young Pope), revealed that he not yet read the script for the second Fantastic Beasts movie (which J.K. Rowling is still revising), and his reaction to when he found out he got the role of Albus Dumbledore.

Quote:
Jude Law: “I don’t know, I read that too — first of all, you have to realize I haven’t read any script yet, but [Dumbledore's sexuality is] another layer to what creates this great wizard we’ve come to know and love.”

“In truth, it’s very early days. I found out about it when I was in the middle of the final prep for this play I’m doing — there was a great celebration at my house. Once this is done, I’ve got to put my head down and think about it. I hope to start by meeting J.K. Rowling.”

“I’m very curious to hear about Albus as a young man, I’m intrigued to meet her and to lift the stone on him.”
Do note that Law's play, Obsession, is running in London now until mid-May. His upcoming movie, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, hits theaters worldwide from May 12, 2017. After that, the Oscar-nominated actor will focus on the Fantastic Beasts film series.

The sequel to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will hit theaters in November 2018 and stars Law with Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Alison Sudol, Dan Fogler, Ezra Miller, Zoe Kravitz, Callum Turner, and Johnny Depp.

Order J.K. Rowling's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, out March 28th, in the following formats now:

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Amazon Exclusive) (Niffler Figurine/Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack)