View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 01:38 AM   #102 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
If Mariel said she had things covered, then that was exactly what was happening. Plus, she knew if she needed anything done, he hoped she knew she could always count on him. And she always had words of wisdom to offer. Lucas remained quiet as she explained. Woops, had his opinion been showing that much? Embarrassment clouded his face. “You’re right. I’ll keep that in mind.’’ He paused for a moment, trying to think of exactly why he had let himself get so biased. “I’m just too passionate about the topic, I reckon. I know using this kind of turf will help the department and Ministry as a whole a lot.’’ Why was he so loyal to this place?

“Well, there’s obviously a question and answer segment that we can have. Is that too boring?’’ Lucas didn’t want to make anyone drop off to sleep in any way. “We can use magic to have a hologram or two set up to give basic information to anyone who wants to know more. Or we can have also have other members of the department there to interact.’’
Mariel knew that Lucas would be completely professional so she was not worried. She had chosen him for this assignment for a reason. But she knew it wouldn't hurt to at least mention it and keep that as a reminder for him to keep the presentation unbiased. "Hmm." She murmured softly as she leaned back in her chair and fixed him with a thoughtful gaze. "I can't say that everyone thinks that way... Of course, I do think it is beneficial for you to speak on why you fell that turf is a good thing. But I for one am not a fan of it. It isn't for me to decide though. So make sure you are effectively communicating both sides of the issue." She was sure she could count on him, even if it incited a healthy debate. And even if she and him did not agree.

"Well, question and answer is to be expected, but that's not exactly what I mean." And no, having someone to talk to or extra information at the end was not what she meant by interactive either. "I mean more of an activity that can engage and interest people. Perhaps something like having two areas set up, each having a patch of real grass or artificial turf. Perhaps they can test out what it's like for themselves somehow." People liked visual aids. Or some sort of game that was relatable. Lucas could think outside the box, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticStrawberry View Post
It was already almost the end of the day. Mercedes had decided to wait until near the end of the day to do this. She had just finished the last thing on her to do list. She packed her things up and signed off on a few more things, before getting up and heading toward her department head office.

She stopped at the door. Taking a deep breath, she didn't know why she was so nervous. Standing tall, she lifted her arm and knocked on the open as its usual position was door. Here it goes. The blonde smiled as she waited to be invited in. Mariel was in there right?
It had been a long day full of meetings and paperwork. There had been a dispute with one of the gobstones player's contracts that she had to revise with the team manager before that could be made official. Hopefully it would save that team a lawsuit, but it had originally been a mess that somehow been overlooked and she had to help rectify. Things like that would work so much easier if she still had a division manager, but that was yet to happen. She wasn't sure that her employees in the gobstones division were ready for that step, though she did have an idea about how to solve her issue. She just had to figure out how to make it work.

Mariel was just about ready to go home though. She was ready to call an end to this day and perhaps she could arrange a meeting tomorrow to see if her idea would work. Well, after figuring it out on paper. But as she straightened her papers on her desk and grabbed a stack to file, she heard a knock on the door. Oh? She glanced at the opened door to see Mercedes on the other side. "Hi," she smiled. "Come on in." She was curious what would bring her by at the end of the day.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line