View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 03:19 AM   #33 (permalink)
Ama

MLE
Werewolf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tahir Kovac Khatri
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Payton J. McNiven
Ama!Nabs IS NAMED MINHO & Is SO Black Panther Right Now

Author's Note: In continuation with this drabble

l-a-n-g-l-o-c-k
A Lie to Cover A Lie

It was, as if suddenly, she had been the pathetic receiver of a Langlock jinx. Except her tongue was not glued to the roof of her mouth. It just flopped uselessly without making a sound in her defense. Regulus' eyes had turned from playful to cautious. There was a warning buried between his furrowed brows that she ignored in favor of observing her bleeding fingers.

"You'll only hurt yourself further Narcissa," Regulus whispered as another sweep of his wand conjured bandages. Before she knew it, she was mended.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she said quickly, as her blue eyes focused on the ornate wallpaper plastered on the wall across the room. Fear and resentment lodged in her throat making it hard to swallow.

"You do," Regulus insisted but released her hands. "And you know better."

"I already said I don't know what you're talking about."

Narcissa didn't know when she had become such a good liar. She had never had a need to stop before and think about it; however the ease with which she met her cousin's gaze without flinching terrified her. It was scary the depths that greed could lead you to if you followed.